February 20, 2008

Clam Shell Scallop Cards-Hero Arts Owl

I am so excited for today's post. I'm gonna be late for work though if I don't make it a quick one. Have you noticed all the scallop edges and circle shaped cards lately? I have seen lots in stamping galleries and when I visited Archiver's last week there was an entire section of colored notecards that were in different shapes and sizes. But a little pricey, I must say. So I thought of how I could recreate the look at home with supplies I already own. Viola, the handy dandy Spellbinder's Scallop Nestabilities Die Templates immediately came to mind. SB will be coming out with some fantastic new Megabilities shapes soon that will just knock your socks off...larger die templates for you to make your own full size scallop cards. I can't wait!!

But for now I'm using the largest of the scallop circle die templates and large regular circle die templates. Isn't this card just the cutest little morslet of a thing? I found this adorable owl stamp from Hero Arts at Archiver's last week. I stamped the image , colored in with Copic markers and then stamped a polka dot circle image from Papertrey around the owl. I then cut that out with a circle SB die template then mounted it with dimensionals onto a circle cut piece of My Mind's Eye polka dot paper. Notice that I even lined the envelope with a scrap of the patterned paper. I found those square envies at my local scrapbook store. Sentiment is hand stamped from SU! mini alphabet stamps. Now for the scallop clam shell card base. It's opens at the top and has ribbon tied around it. I think it's just darling!To create the clamshell card, simply fold your cardstock in half and place it over the scallop die template. Make sure that a portion of the die template is hanging off the edge. This creates the fold of the card. I used SU! cardstock and the SB die templates cut through both pieces easily and left nice clean edges. I used my Wizard to do my cutting and it has LOT of pressure. Stay tuned for more clam shell scallop cards this week!!

Supplies: Spellbinder's supplies and Copics available at Ellen's online store.

28 comments:

Mindy said...

These cards are absolutely adorable. Now I am gonna have to go ahead and buy the spellbinders circles. I can't wait each morning to see what you have come up with... Thanks for all of the inspiration!!

Anonymous said...

OH my gosh that's clever!
I'm headed away for the weekend and now have a design I can crank out.
THANKS!

Chris said...

I love that stamp!! It is the cutest owl that I have seen lately. I am due to get the circle and heart nestabilites this weekend and I am so going to try the clamshell card. Thanks for showing how it works.

Cynthia said...

Cute cards. I'm thinking I will have to buy the spellbinders circles and other shapes you show off here on your blog. I think it would be a great birthday gift, if I can wait til summer! Thanks for sharing and have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the instructions. This card is ADORABLE. I guess I'm going to have to buy the Spellbinders Scalloped Circles.

Janine said...

I just LOVE my nestabilities and can hardly wait to get more. This is card is fabulous. Love it !!

Unknown said...

So incredibly clever!!! Thanks for the deets! (I especially love the lining for the envelope.)

Stefanie Staniak said...

This is so adorable Mish. You are the guru of design and I learn so much from you. Thanks for sharing your creative side, with the world.

Anonymous said...

You are too clever! This is adorable! I can't wait for the Megabilities to come out!!!

Anonymous said...

That is so cute! I need to get my hands on some kind of circle-cutting tool. I've seen circular cards popping up everywhere and would love to try my hand at one.

Kookie said...

Just darling! One more use for those great nesties!

Debbi T said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Debbi T said...

Crud, I can't spell.....so that prior post was deleted!

Ms. Woodenspoon does it AGAIN!
You are SO DANGED SMART MISHY!!!!

I love EVERYTHING about this card. Every. Thing.

Sharon Harnist said...

Darling little owl . . . I love these shaped cards, too, and canNOT wait for the larger Megas, either!

Anonymous said...

How cute! I may have to try this tonight. I absolutely love visiting your blog. Thank you so much for always sharing and always being inspirational!

Juanita B said...

Adorable it is!!! TFS.

Unknown said...

Great idea! Love it!

Jenn said...

Very cute, Michelle! Love the little owl!

Heather McNally and Melissa MacDonald said...

I love the stamp (LOOOOOVE) - love the scallop card. Love your work, girl!

craftyb said...

Hi, love when crafty things are sooo versatile. Another lovely creation by you - thanks for sharing! bx

DeeDee said...

Too adorable Mish...love that little owl....darling!!!

Anonymous said...

This is SOOOOO cute!

Did you say 'morslet'??? Hahahaha! I love it!! Too funny!

Happy Thursday!

Cristina said...

You have some darling cards! I love this one.

Anonymous said...

The scalloped edging on your clam shell cards just adds a beautiful dimention to them! Love that you added a "yoo hoo" under him! Too cute! Thanks for sharing!

Lee said...

Oh utter cuteness!!! I'm so glad I followed a link here to a new and amazing blog for me!!! :) I also love Nesties!!

Anonymous said...

This is a great idea... I'll have to give it a try... I love my nestabilities - one of the best investments beside my crop-a-dyl... I use both of these all the time.... TFS

Anonymous said...

I love these cards. You made me want to pull out my Nestabilites and put them to good use!!! Thanks for the kick in the butt, LOL!!!

Tanya

Valerie said...

I just LOVE this card! I must try it! I got my new scalloped nestabilities the other day so Im so excited to come across your blog and find this. I will give you full credit when I make them and add your blogger link!

Related Posts with Thumbnails