February 25, 2008

Lockhart Garden Angel meets Cosmo Cricket

Today's card was inspired by my talented friend Anna Wight. Anna is SO talented, it's just CRAZY!! She is such a good artist and has her own line of stamps for Whipper Snapper. I'm especially fond of her lambies cuz my Jordy just loves anything lamb like. Be sure to check out her blog and whimsical stamps. It was THIS CARD from Anna's blog that inspired today's creations. Isn't her card adorable??

Now for my card, I drew my color inspirations from the Cosmo Cricket patterned paper. I can't wait to get my hands on some of their new designs released at CHA. I used Copic markers to color in Karen Lockhart's pretty Garden Angel image, which has been stamped with Palette Black Noir ink on Papertrey white cardstock. I love the blue and orange tones on this card. The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink, I thought it was just the perfect one.

For the card layout, I loved how Anna used a solid strip under her main colored image. I used a textured Bazzill cardstock...dry embossed it with my bone folder, cut the scallop edge with Fiskars scissors and then added a polka dot line with my Faux Ribbon stamps from Papertrey. A strip of Martha Stewart twill tape finishes off the card. The main image layers are adhered to the card front with SU! dimensionals.


I LOOOOOOVE the polished look of this layout, so THANKS ANNA for the inspiration!!

9 comments:

SweetMissDaisy (Anna Wight) said...

Wow, wow, WOW!! What an honor to be noted as your inspiration for the LOVELY cards you created! They're just beauteeeeful! Wow! =) -Anna.

Linda Carson said...

I'd give this card a 10....PERFECT!

Lee said...

Awww.........that is indeed just adorable!!! What a cute stamp and that dp is FANtastic!!!!

Juanita B said...

Exquisite, beautiful, and oh my goodness. You and Anna are both amazing women. TFS.

Anonymous said...

So pretty!! Love it!!

Wendy

Bevie Pearl said...

Mish, These are sooo beautiful. I like the image and the papers are gorgeous!!

liannallama said...

This is lovely! I love the colors and patterns you combined!

Debbie Olson said...

There are just beautiful, Mish! That's some of my favorite paper, and you colored her beautifully as well!

Anonymous said...

Oh, this is so beautyful card.

t.Tiina, from finland

(www.tiina38.vuodatus.net)

Related Posts with Thumbnails