February 2, 2008

Mini Desk Calendar

Okay, I couldn't stand not having MISH MASH at the top of my blog so picked a new template. It's a bad thing to give me choices sometimes because then I change stuff around all the time. Keeps ya on your toes though, huh?

Can you believe it's already February? Where does the time go anyway? I always have this excitement every time a new year rolls around because I get to make new calendars. Now this may be no big deal to some of you but I absolutely LOVE getting a new personal calendar and filling it out with all the important birthdays, school events, sporting events, doctor's appointments, etc. I guess it's that *office supply obsession* that I have. I KNOW there are lots of you out there just like me right. Please tell me there are some of you out there just like me, LOL!!

So I thought that I'd share some of my calendars with you this week. The one below is a little desk calendar that sits by my computer. I like having a calendar with just the dates on it for visual reference in case I need to make a note or see what day it is. This calendar is made just like a card. I cut my cardstock, fold like a regular A2 size card, add the little calendar and embellish just as I would a regular card. My mom picks these calendars up for me at little events she goes to with my dad. I think she scored a few for me this year at the farm show her and my dad went to a few weeks ago. Punches and ribbon are from Stampin' Up! The *save the date* sentiment is from a Stampin' Up! set called Mark the Date with a light stamping of the SU! background stamp called Form and Function over the top. Paper is from one of my favorite new companies called October Afternoon....I'm betting their stamps and paper lines will be HOT this year. Here's the way the calendar stands up straight without falling over. I simply cut a scrap of cardstock and scored it into thirds and attached to the inside card front and back. Easy peasy.

Now, I hope my calendar talk isn't boring you because I have a couple more posts of my calendar stuff for you yet this week. Let me know if you're a calendar lover like me, okay? How many calendars do you own? Have you switched to a BlackBerry or hand held calendar? Knowing me I'd love one of those too but couldn't bear to part with my paper versions so I'd have double of everything. More later, stay tuned.

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle,
I luv calendars too. The prettier the better for me. I would be lost without a calendar to jot down important b/days, anniversaries, etc. I can't wait to see the rest of your calendar choices. TFS!
Sheila

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Super cute!!! Love the brown and blue together, one of my favorite combos!

I'm a HUGE calendar freak... Wall calendars (I make a family one, plus BUY several!), a scrap booked CD calendar, Mary Engelbreit daily desktop calendar, the Designing With Calendar and my Planner are what I play with for different things!

Jackie said...

I like that! Thank you for showing how it stands up, too - that is a BIG help! I can't wait to see the rest of yours.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE calendars! I have my Palm Treo..which a love for when I am on the go..and I hot sync it to my computer..tons of reminders and alarms on it! However I always have to have a month at a view calendar made of good old paper on my desk.
I just mentioned to hubby that I would like to put one of theose huge Year at a View calendars on my studio wall but I don't really have the wall space for any I have seen so far.
Thanks for the cute idea..might just need another little wee tiny calendar :-)
Sue
www.suefarrant.com

Dottie K. said...

I love calendars also. I'm a paper calendar girl. It sits right on my desk next to my computer and where I scrap. I also just zip it up and tote it with me to appts and place it back when I'm done. I'd be lost without it. Such a cute idea - you can print them online and size them also. I typed in calendars and found some and saved them.

Cindy said...

I like calendars, especially something that I can make and embellish. Your idea is great - I know what I will be making next!

Heather McNally and Melissa MacDonald said...

Mish - I totally understand your calendar obsession. I like to sit down with a clean calendar and a nice pen and fill 'er up! :) LOVE yours!

Anonymous said...

I love calendars too!!! I have the busy mom calendar for all of my kids stuff and I have a monthly wall mounted one for the kitchen area. Each week the family can easily glance over and see how busy or relaxing our week will be.

Anonymous said...

I love calendars! And lists!
I have my frankiln planner, and I cheat for the wall calendar at work and use shutterfly ;)

Debbi T said...

Office supply obsession. That's a nice way to put it! LOL!!

I have a pen fetish...my DH won't let me in an office supply store if he's there! *wink*

Anonymous said...

Calendars! Oh yeah! I have a PDA for keeping track of my client's appointments, but there is nothing like a paper calendar for visualization. I love that little desk calendar idea and what a darling little giveaway it would be for the beginning of a new year. Is there a source for purchasing these little calendars?

jenstamps said...

I LOVE calendars and yours is just the cutest!!! Keep them coming I can't wait to see more!

Susan said...

I Have calendars everywhere in my house and at work. Calendar crazy thats me. Susan

DeeDee said...

I love your calendar Mish....As a matter of fact I'm just off to construct one.....thanks so much for the wonderful directions....Me, I have too many calendars and I have notes and special dates on all of them.....this girl's got "the date" down now!!!!! LOL!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Great idea...so easy but great looking! I love calendars too. I have a new Treo 700 (with Windows Mobile instead of Palm) and LOVE it but also love having a paper calendar to look at...and another two perpetual calendars with Scripture verses and sayings for each day. I always love new calendar ideas! Thanks!

Chantelle said...

I love calendars and can't do without them. Your idea is super cute and I might actually try to make one of them myself. TFS your wonderful idea's every day - your blog is sooo inspiring and I check on it everyday.
I can't wait to see what other calendars you've made.

Anonymous said...

A wonderful new approach for calendars. Thanks for the idea. Love the colors too.

Pink Blossom Creations said...

Am loving this calender. I keep popping onto your site and never get round to leaving a comment. Love your work and now have a link on my blog.

Caroline x

Janine said...

Never bored with calendars. I have one in my studio, one on my desk, one in the kitchen, in my purse, and many other places. Thanks for sharing this one.

Anonymous said...

Office supply obsession! So that's what I have!! love your little calendar. This would look good on the kitchen window sill. Hmmmm...

Faith said...

I love it! My friends and I were looking for a calendar project such as this one. I would like to know where you got the actual calendar from that was used in this project.

Thanks,
Faith

Faith said...

I love it! My friends and I were looking for a calendar project such as this one. I would like to know where you got the actual calendar from that was used in this project.

Thanks,
Faith

chryssy67 said...

I love your items and I favored your shop on etsy! The yellow set is so adorable! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails