February 6, 2008

Plaid Gridpaper/Lockhart Socks

Edited: Hey everyone, I posted TWICE today so be sure to scroll down to the next post for some calendar stuff!

I'm back with a card, just couldn't resist posting my fun snow day creation. I just got some new Cornish Heritage Farm Backgrounders from Ellen. One of my favorites is the Open Plaid Backgrounder. And if you've noticed, I love grid patterned paper. So I'm calling my creation plaid gridpaper. How cool would that be to have an entire notepad of plaid gridpaper to color in? Well the next best thing is this backgrounder stamp!

I have all my basic supplies layed out for you to see. I first chose the patterned paper I wanted to use which is from K and Company. Then I colored in my image to match. I did this some time ago but had the image and the paper ready to go.

Oh, and guess what? This image called Warm Socks is available at Ellen's store and is the Stamp of the Month. That means Ellen has a wonderful card kit available with a darling sample. She got her patterned sock idea from Debbie Olson, and so did I. Debbie did a wonderful project (I think Ellen links to it in her post) where she drew a pattern on the socks. So I just had to try it. Who knew socks could be SO much fun!!? But I love this stamp because you can do get well, feel better, stay warm......or *that stinks* type of cards. It's just something different than the usual bouquet of flowers. A very good stamp to add to your collection.

Soooo back to the plaid gridpaper. Using color inspirations from the patterned paper, I stamped the background with Burnt Umber Palette Ink onto cream colored cardstock. Then I chose three colors of Copic markers and colored in some lines over the Open Plaid Backgrounder. My lines aren't perfectly straight, I wanted them to be somewhat squiggly and casual. What I love about this backgrounder so much is that you can stamp it in just one color, but you can also color in the lines like I did or even stamp in little images in the square spaces. Another great background to add to your collection. Here's my finished card below. I used Wild Wasabi cardstock and ribbon and So Saffron cardstock to complete my project. I only ended up using a small portion of my plaid gridpaper because I wanted it to compliment but not compete with the grid design on the stamped image. But don't think I threw those scraps away, I've got more cards to make with them!! I finished the card off with the get well sentiment from Papertrey Faux Ribbon. And I also imitated the plaid look by stamping three different colored lines from the Papertrey Faux Ribbon set along the envelope edge then added the special delivery sentiment from that same set. I love, love, love to have my envelopes coordinate with the card. Who doesn't love to see a fun envelope peeking out in the mail......instead of BILLS!!??
Enjoy girls!! Do you own any CHF Backgrounders? If so, tell me which ones you have or what your favorites are. You can view the entire collection of Backgrounders HERE, Ellen's got 'em all!

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh you are so bad! I just had to stop by Ellen's store, for some retail therapy! We are not having a snow day here, (I wish) just a blustery one. We are expecting another cold snap soon though!
Yes please, do a junior notepad tutorial! Love your stuff Mish, keep creating! I am prepping for a stamping class tonight and made extras so i can do them up on the weekend.

Dawn T

Donna Baker said...

what a cute card! I have 2 CHF backgrounders...the large polka dot & leaves 3 I think (enabled by Debbie Olson)

jenstamps said...

I Love this card!!! I am thinking I "NEED" this stamp!

Anonymous said...

Hey Mish! I do not have any of the CHF Background stamps yet but do have a few in my favorites over at Ellen's store. They are so nice and hope to soon order them! Love your Warm Socks card! I purchased that stamp a few weeks ago and finally inked it last week. It's adorable! Thanks for sharing all your idea's! Your such an inspiration!

Wendy

Michaelann said...

I have the chf's victorian floral, houndstooth and polka dot backgrounders....love chf's stuff!

Holly said...

Oh girl, I think I must have 10 or 12 of the CHF backgrounders. I love em all - brick, stained glass, pretty pattern, biased stripe, broad stripes, leaves #3....... I can't remember the rest of em (I'm at work and the stamps are at home, darn it...).

Anonymous said...

What a cute card! I would have never seen all the possibilities of this stamp! Now I want it! Thanks for sharing!

Peggy S from Ohio

Anonymous said...

Do you hear me crying from poverty??? I have the notebook paper enabled by you. I love it with my CLICKABELLA which i bought to make cards for secretaries day. Now I want that K&Co. paper which I've been eyeing in the store, AND, I'm thinking about taking the COPIC plunge. So many enablers, so little money. P.S. I rarely comment on blogs but I visit you all the time; you are one of my faves. I love your sense of color, and style.

DeeDee said...

Too cute Mish!!!! Yes, who would know that socks could be so much FUN!!! Very cute card! THANKS for visiting my blog!!!!

Cynthia said...

I love that card. Who knew socks could be so inspiring? I just ordered the stamp of the month. Might have to get the background stamp as well. I love visitng your blog and seeing what is new. I would love to see how you made the notebook.
Thanks for sharing!
Cynthia

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh this card is just too cute! I will have to pay a visit to check out those stamps! Thanks for the wonderful inspiration!!

twinks said...

Love the card. I only have about a dozen of the CHF backgrounders. Most recently, I got the Grid, Dotted Diamonds, Geometric Flowers and the Note (?) Paper.

liannallama said...

Who would have thought that socks could be so cute and cheery! Love the colors and papers you used!

Dawn said...

Hiya Mish! I couldn't find your email, but I've got a quick question...would you be willing to share where you got your silver standing shelf(the one thats located off to the left in your new icon photo!). I'm thinking this would be a fabulous idea to get my plastic UP OFF the floor:)

THanks so much
Dawn

Janine said...

Thanks for all the wonderful work you do.. I get such wonderful inspiration from your site.. I just received the "socks" last week so will have to ink them up soon.

Linda Carson said...

Fantastic artwork....as usual...

Juanita B said...

My Oh My!!! You are my enabler angel!! This card is FABULOUS!!! I just ordered three backgrounders from Ellen. I looked at this one because I love plaid, now I HAVE to have it. The colors are out of this world beautiful and I love the femininity you gave the socks, your sure knock mine off everyday. TFS.

scrappingranny said...

I love this card. Soooooooo cute. I have a dozen or so background stamps from CHF. My latest is the Lined Notebook Paper.

Debbie Olson said...

Love your socks, Mish!

Related Posts with Thumbnails