February 29, 2008

Rubber Soul and Card Sketches

For today's creations, I drew inspiration from my beloved (and well sought after by Bethie) Idea Sketch Book. I used a fun set from Rubber Soul called Springtime Mom. It's a great clear set for spring like and Mother's Day cards. Patterened paper is from Bo Bunny, Twinkle Stickers are from AMuse (available at Ellen's store) I love all the yellow I'm seeing this season. Not the bright yellows but this lovely buttercup yellow. And polka dots too, what more could you ask for? This sketch great for dividing up images and sentiments, and you get to use an additional strip of patterned paper too. The three flowers could also be substituted with 3 buttons or other embellishments. The Bloom sentiment is from Papertrey Ink. I placed three red twinkle stickers on the curly parts of the word bloom.
This is my faux ribbon card. Simply use two strips of patterned paper and snip the ends to resembleribbons. I added some real red satin ribbon too. I love this stamp, doesn't every mom deserve a day off?
This layout also allows for two patterned papers. I love the little morslet of polka dot paper. (Yes, *morslet* is a word in my vocabulary!) The yellow ribbon hides the *seam* of the patterned paper and the main image. Love that! More red sequin stickers finish off the card.
And this is a smaller version of my Clam Shell Cards. This size is more suitable for a little gift tag or small thank you note. The Wizard cuts easily through two layers of cardstock. Spellbinder's circle dies used for all the layers.
Hope you enjoy today's cards. They are bright and cheery......and hey, it's supposed to be 65 degrees on Sunday!!! Do I see glimpses of Spring?? I sure hope so.

Coming soon to a blog near you: Spring Inspiration Station (I know, I know....you can't wait!) and a Theme Shopping idea to get you thinkin' about how and what you shop for. So come back soon. Have a great weekend! I have a sick kiddo at home today.....patiently waiting with a stack of games by her side. So off I go to play Barbie Uno!!

11 comments:

Cristina said...

These are so fun and inspiring for spring! well done.

Debbi T said...

Aaack, Mishy - you are a MACHINE!!!

Mishy Machine! LOL!!

I love these cards. I love your sketchbook. I'd arm wrestle Beth for it......just sayin...... *wink*

Janine said...

Fabulous projects. Love it all and love your site. !!

Anonymous said...

AAAAdorable!!! i really, really love the clam cards you are doing! i love your sketch book...thank you for the idea, i love mine and it is filled mostly with your layouts...so grateful for your inspiration!! chelle

Lee said...

Wow!! Fantastic Spring-y cards!! I love that shade of yellow!!!

michelle g. said...

Those are great cards, very fun!

Nancy said...

I absolutely love your blog! I can't wait for Spring! We are expected to get another 8 inches of snow tonight. ;( Love the Spring cards and my daugher LOVES Barbie Uno!

Nancy in Snowy MA

Juanita B said...

They are all incredible! You are a one woman factory. I hope your little sick one feels better tomorrow. TFS

Anonymous said...

I just love your blog. You are so creative and your cards are inspiring. Thanks for sharing not only your creativity but also the multitude of info on papercrafting. I am new to blogland and I have tagged you. See my blog for more info.

Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle - I've heard a lot about theWizard but I don't really know what it is. I do have a Cuttlebug. How is the Wizard different than the Cuttlebug? Thanks

Anonymous said...

so fun to see what you do with the rubber soul stamps. you have such a beautiful way with them - thank you! - dani

Related Posts with Thumbnails