February 10, 2008

Valentine's Cupcake Kit

Valentine's Day will be here before you know it. Do you have all of your treats and treasures ready for your loved ones? If you recall, I made some Christmas Cupcake Kits during the holiday season. Once again, I've found the Pillsbury cake mix and matching frosting with sprinkles for Valentine's Day. So I'll be giving to this cute kit to my girls a few days early so that they can make their cupcakes for our special Valentine's Day dinner that we do every year. I used the adorable cupcake stamp from Lizzie Anne to make the outside tag, along with an AMuse sentiment too. The kit has the cake mix and some cupcake sticks inside and is tied up with ribbon and tulle on the outside. Here's a close up of the cupcake sticks. I colored them in with Copic markers and a silver Copic Spica glitter pen for the cupcake liners. The scallop circles are taped to lollipop sticks that can be found at Michael's or any cake and candy decorating store.
Here's a close up of the fancy tulle netting and heart ribbon. I used a Spellbinder's embossed circle and scallop cut circle for the big outside tag.
Here's a link to my friend Kendra's cupcake kit that she did HERE. I think hers are so adorable too!!!

10 comments:

Janine said...

This is wonderful... What a great project... I love those cupcakes on a stick !!

Linda Carson said...

Looks YUMMY! What a fun project! You're such a creative MOM.

DeeDee said...

YUMMO!!! Mish, this is a very adorable idea....your girls will just love this for Valentine's!!! Your friend's kits are adorable too!!

Elizabeth Bracco said...

OMG!! I love this idea. Love the cupcake picks. :)

twinks said...

Your girls are so lucky to have great projects/gifts from you. What sweet memory builders to pass on to the next generation. TFS!

Cynthia said...

What a neat idea. I love the cupcake sticks. I am writing this down for next year. Thanks for sharing!

Juanita B said...

Sooooo cute! You are very inventive and creative I love your work. I wonder why I've been wanting cupcakes...they stamped ones look good enough to eat! TFS.

Kendra said...

MISH! They turned out so darn cute!!!! I love them.

sandee jones said...

Hey, Mish! Love your blog and inspiration! I made cupcake kits for families of my friends - thought you might want to know that I found some clear cellophane bags at Michael's called BASKET BAGS (in gift wrap section). I bought the SMALL size and it was large enough to fit the cake mix box, frosting, a rolled up dish towel and the cupcake picks. I tied a spatula with a ribbon bow to close it up.

The Kosiek's said...

Your site is beautiful. So creative. Any ideas on a Easter Gift bag?

Related Posts with Thumbnails