April 4, 2008

Letters from a friend...

Happy Fat Free Friday! DH and I weighed in this morning and we've lost a combined 47 pounds!!!!! Woohoo, feeeeeeels good girls!! What a way to start the weekend!

And I know how much you love my sketches, so here's another for your collection. I had envisioned a really soft, pastel type card with this sketch. With my finished card however, I have a different color scheme and more graphic elements. I just got Karen Lockhart's Writing Letters stamp and had to try it out. I'm into this stationery look and although this card might not be your typical *stationery* card, I like the little letter writing elements. I made two Inchies for the main images of my card. One from the Writing Letters stamp and the other from the CHF Spanish Script Backgrounder(both from Ellen's store). I colored them with Copic markers and finished them off with Ranger Crackle Accents. I should have distressed them a little before adding the crackle so the Inchie would look old. The papers are from one of my favorite collections, the Making Memories Noteworthy line. Ribbon from May Arts from Archiver's. Sentiment was created from Papertrey Ink's Simple Alphabet. I stamped the sentiment like a sentence then cut it apart and pieced it on my card. I love making up my own sentiments for a card. The bottom edge was cut with Fiskar's postage stamp edge decorative scissors (remember having to have every single pair when these first came out? LOL)

It's supposed to be a great weekend with lots of sunshine so I'm reallyl looking forward to it! Have a great weekend and if you get time to stamp, how about trying out my sketch? Be sure to link me to your creation if you make something, I'd love to see it!!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mish, your cards are beautiful! And a big, big congratulations on your weight loss! What an accomplishment. :) Keep up the great work.

Karen said...

Congratulations on your weight loss. What a huge achievement. Love the card and Karen Lockhart stamps. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

you are the greatest!!!! you bring so much creativity to your blog! it is my absolute favorite place to visit in blog world! you go girl!!! lisa k

Anonymous said...

whoohooo is right! you go girl!!

love the sketch...adding to book right now!!

thank you!
chelle

wendy peatross said...

Hooray for the weight loss! Doesn't that feel great. Almost as neat as the amazing cards you are always showing.

Stefanie Staniak said...

I'm wondering if I'll every be able to close my mouth again. It is always hanging open in awe over your creations. I'm adding this sketch to my "book" and trying it out as soon as I get a chance.
You're the best Mishy !! :)

DeeDee said...

Woohoo...cangrats on your weight loss...that's wonderful!!! I love this card...those inchies are so sweet!!! Have a wonderful weekend Mish!!

Anonymous said...

Love this card sketch! I love how you use the smaller stamps. The paper is perfect for this.
Excellent job on the weight loss! Good for you!
Have a wonderful weekend!
Dawn

Michelle said...

There's that sketch book we all want made into a hardcover... What a cute card Mish.. Love it.

Michelle

Lee said...

How cute is this??!! I am lovin' the colors and the sketch is very cool!! I've never made inchies, I can't wait to try!!

OMGosh........congrats on the weight loss.....dh and I have got to get goin' on that.....thanks for sharing and being a motivator!!

CreativeMish said...

Congratulations on your weight loss! Its such hard work but worth it in the end!

Michele Kovack said...

Congrats!!! That is so exciting! I just copied this sketch, so I am going to try a few minutes to "play!" Thanks for this wonderful sketch!

Paula said...

Oh this is just darling! I love it!

Lynn Put said...

Michelle,
Way to go on your weight loss, that's awesome!
Your card here is very pretty, I like how you crackled the inchies and the layout is great!
I used your sketch for the card I made on my blog, thanks for the inspiration!

Elaine said...

That is a great sketch and some darn cute card makin!

Kathleen said...

Congratulations on your weight loss---I KNOW how hard that is and I am proud of you for sticking with it----Thanks also for the always inspirational blog!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails