November 24, 2008

All For My-Selphy

P.S......I posted a card last night so be sure to scroll down one post if you missed it.

We delivered 3 loads of firewood this weekend, so we had cash in hand....which means we paid bills with it. Snort! If you believe that, I've got some ocean front property just outside my back door to sell ya! We went shopping, you sillies!

I got an early Christmas present because I needed it NOW. Well, actually December 1st I'll need it because that's when my Daily December Album starts. I got a new little printer!! It's the Canon Selphy CP 760. I found it at Wal Mart for $79.99 regular price...did some research online and it was $99.99 at Best Buy and a few other online stores.

PRODUCT REVIEW:
It only comes with a printer cartridge and 5 pieces of photo paper so a refill pack is a much needed purchase along with the printer. I found the refill pack KP-108IP right there beside it for $29.99. It has 3 printer cartridges and 108 photo refills. The Selphy model I got was the newest model and it didn't say that the refills fit this model #. But when I got it home, the instruction manual listed the one I got as a correct refill. Prints figure to be .27 cents each, not too bad.
The unit itself is about 5" x 7" or so, not including the printer tray that detaches. You simply put the paper in glossy side up and slip the tray in til it clicks. Plug in two cords to each other and then into the wall. Turn on the machine, plug in your memory card from your camera and you're good to go.
You scroll through your photos with the arrow buttons and can do multiple copies and change about 5 or 6 settings like minor photo quality, sepia color (cool!), multiple photos on one page (up to 8 but I can't figure that one out), add a white border, etc.
You insert the printer cartridge on the side by opening up a little door. Easy peasy. When it's making prints, it runs the paper back and forth, first making the yellow tones, then the red tones, then the blue tones, then once more I don't know why. I forget the process this is called but it's pretty cool whatever it is. (I'll get more technical for you once I ask my printer guru friends).
The prints come out on glossy paper with two white tabs at each end. They are perforated and you just bend them once and they almost *click* off. Or you can keep them in tact to write on or put a tack in. By the end of the learning session, the girls were pros at printing.
The quality of the photos really AMAZED me. I was skeptical....VERY skeptical of the photo quality because I don't like the look of hazy,home printed photos. I have to say I was very pleased with the photo quality. They really look like photos you'd get back from the printers.
I would HIGHLY suggest this little photo printer and give it a two thumbs up! It's small, portable, doesn't require a computer (but does have a cord so it will work with your computer), prints great photos, is easy to use and convenient. I won't be printing all my photos from home but when I need some for mini albums, school projects, family events, birthday party projects, etc., it will come in SOOO handy. I know my girls will be wanting to use it all the time.
So now I'm all set for my Daily December album. Can't wait for December 1st to roll around now!!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you bought the exact printer that is on my Christmas Wish List!! Your timing on doing this review is perfect!! Thank you SO MUCH for the time (and pictures) you put into this posting! This is the model Canon was recommending for my camera but your review convinced me to go buy it!! THANK YOU!! This made my day!

Laura said...

ooooooo.. that looks like something I want as well! I have been looking for a small photo printer and that sounds just fantastic!

DeeDee said...

That's cool Mish!!! Aren't they FUN!!!! I love mine!!! HUGS!

Kendra said...

Can't go wrong with a Canon printer (or camera) IMO. I have always been so happy with my Canon Pixma photo printer ~ no home printed look to mine either.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the review! I ordered one 10 days ago for dd xmas gift, and now i'm chomping at the bit to play with it... have fun playing with it!

Anonymous said...

Since you're planning to use it for mini albums, can yours print small photos? four per print-sheet? if you haven't checked, it might. I have a Canon, not the same one though, and it does. PERFECT for mini albums and for sharing prints.

Anonymous said...

I have a Canon Selphy (not this model but another one) and absolutely love it!!!! It's perfect for those smaller pictures in a scrapbook layout or on a card that you can't get from a kiosk in a store. As for the once pass through that it doesn't look like it's laying anything down - it's laying down a protective cover to prevent fading etc!!! I'm also glad to read Kendra say that she thinks you can't go wrong with a Canon camera - I was hoping that since I was planning on purchasing one for my mom for Christmas!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I was going to guess and say the final layer was black - as in the CMYK (K is black) but apparently it's a protective layer since Malyssa has a printer herself! :) Good to get a referral, I've been back and forth on buying a home printer myself.

CreativeMish said...

Very nice!! Canon are great products!

Mary Jo said...

Cool printer. I have always wondered about fading but it sounds like there is a protective layer. Very nice. I have a question about Copics. Which type do you use, Original, Sketch or Ciao? Love your cards and considering purchasing some. Thanks.

ReneeK said...

Wow - Your timing is impeccable! I just told my DH the other day that I want a "freestanding" printer for Christmas. I better send him to Wal-Mart to see if it's on sale! Thanks for the review, too!

Anonymous said...

You have got an amazing printer… it's so stylish & compact too.

retiredheather said...

I have one and love it. It comes in so handy. The photos are fantastic. Extremely similar to photo lab quality. It also works great with the computer. Love it.
Heather

Cindy said...

I have been researching printers on the web for almost a year, and get totally confused. There are always newer models, etc. Thanks for the post and review. It is nice to get a review from a "reputable" source. I might slip over to Wal-mart on my way home from work. We got paid today:) Then I will have to figure out how to sneak it in the house.

Cindy said...

I was able to get to WalMart on Wed and buy it. I love it. I thought I would have to hide it from hubby, but he was with me on Wed when I suggested we go take a look at it. His reply was "If we are going to WalMart, you are BUYING the D%&* thing. So I did. I figured out how to do the small pictures. Just go to the menu and pick the layout you want, 4-down, 8-down, etc. Then, make sure you pick that many pictures to print. i.e. 4-down, either pick 4 of the same or 4 different. They are great for mini albums. Thanks so much for the suggestion.

Related Posts with Thumbnails