November 14, 2008

Vintage Candy Cane Card

Edit: To answer the question as to what adhesive I use for cards...I like Hermafix Dotto, the removable kind.

Today I have another Christmas card to show you. This holiday season I'm drawn to snowflakes and the fun stripes of candy canes. I thought the candy cane border from the JustRite Christmas Ensemble set would pair up perfectly with some red striped paper from Cosmo Cricket. I colored in the bells and greenery with Copic markers to add a little detail. The *hugs and kisses* center sentiment is from the Christmas Ensemble set too.
JustRite has teamed up with WorldWin papers this month. You can visit their blog HERE which links you directly to their online store called The Paper Mill Store. I used solid cardstock from their line on my card today. The website carries tons of cardstocks and envelopes and other supplies.
I finished off my card with some scallop cut cardstock and pearls. I cut my border and sentiment images out with Spellbinder's Circle and Scallop Circle Dies. Another pretty little card to add to my growing stash.
I'm heading to my craft room now to load up my scrapbooking supplies. I'm heading to a scrapbooking weekend with five other friends til Sunday. We still have NO HOT WATER and today no water at all. We've either been gone to ballgames, got the wrong part, Eric was gone two days for work, etc. It's been a complete mess of a week to put it lightly. I think I might just forget the scrapbooking and catch up on some nice HOT showers at the hotel. Or possibly just wash my hands a hundred times using nice HOT water. Or pee in a toilet that I can actually FLUSH!!!! Eric has strict orders to have this *situation* of ours remedied by the time I return on Sunday!! LOL!! Poor guy, he's doin' the best he can!
Have a great weekend everyone!! I'll return with a fantastic new scrapbook album that I'll be working on. It's going to be all about Family Traditions. I think with this day and age, it will be an album definitely worth working on. I hope you will join me.
And don't forget about the Papertrey Release on the 15th.....midnight on the 14th if you want to be an early bird!

7 comments:

Kim said...

Super cute card! I've been following your blog for some time now and was wondering what kind of adhesive you use when making cards?

Karen said...

Very cute card. So sorry to hear your water woes have not been resolved. We forget how dependant we are on water, gas, electric etc. I hope you have a marvelous scrappy weekend.

Michelle Tech said...

Very nice card...kinda cute, but kinda elegant, too! Have a great time at retreat and let the other gals shower first so you can have all the time you want in the hot water!

DeeDee said...

Oh I LOVE IT!!! The vintage feel and the candy canes...fun all around!!! Sorry your water is still out...darn it...but have loads of fun this weekend...hope you get lots done!!! HUGS!!

Anonymous said...

Are the center words on your circle done with a JustRite alphabet or is it a stamp? Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty card!! TFS

Diane Noble said...

These are so pretty. Love the slightly vintage look to both of them. Just beautiful.

Related Posts with Thumbnails