January 7, 2009

Biscotti Treat Box

Edits:
For Marilyn, the link to enter the drawing for my Spellbinder's post is under #4....look toward the end, I think it's the last blurb with a * in front of it. Hope that helps.

Re: biscotti recipe....I purchased them from a baker friend so I don't have a recipe, sorry.

After the holidays are over, I'm ready to start the new year with anything BUT Christmas related items. Valentine's Day will be here before we know it and I love to get a head start on some ideas. Today, I made a treat box that resembles a box that candies would come in. I used a box that some stamps came in from JustRite for the main box. You can also find suitable boxes at craft stores and online stores like Nashville Wraps. I decorated the outside of my box with new papers from My Mind's Eye. This company always comes out with fun, new designs. Not too bright, a little vintage and right up my alley.

For the circle image, I used Just Rite Stampers Harmony Classic Circle II Stamp Ensemble Set and Papertrey's Pure Poppy Ink. I love the script of the sentiment and the cute heart border. I cut my image out with Spellbinders Circle and Scalloped Circle Die Templates. A few pink sequins finish off the main image. A long length of Papertrey Sweet Blush Grosgrain ribbon ties up the package.

For the inside of my treat box, I lined the bottom with more of the patterned paper. I wanted some tissue to protect the bottom of the box and to also give that *candy shop* feel to my packaging. I reached for a Papertrey Large Glassine Bag. I cut off the edges of both sides of the bag and unfolded it. Then I simply spread it out in the bottom of the box. Once the treats are inserted, I can simply fold the tissue over the goodies. Excellent idea that I'll be using often!
For this treat box, I filled it with chocolate dipped biscotti. My mom loves biscotti with her morning coffee so I think I'll give her an early Valentine gift.
Makes a pretty presentation, huh? I could see these boxes being filled with homemade chocolate dipped candies and truffles, Hershey Kisses, individually wrapped candies, fine chocolates from the chocolate shop, a giant frosted sugar cookie, brownies, etc. Mmmm, I'm making myself crave sweets!!

18 comments:

Michelle said...

Ohhh what a great idea, Michelle - and thanks for the tip on Nashville Wrap - I'm on that site ordering now!! Your mother is going to love this!

DeeDee said...

Oh I LOVE this idea Mish!!! You always have the bestest ideas girlie!!! CUTE too!! HUGS!!!!

Dottie K. said...

What a sweet thing to do for your mom. This is just adorable. Thanks for sharing! :)

Dottie K. said...

What a sweet thing to do for your mom. This is just adorable. Thanks for sharing! :)

Karen G said...

Very cute box and I love that you put paper inside too with the glassine bag. Thanks for sharing!

MichelleY said...

What an adorable Valentine project, too. Your mom is going to love it! You are amazing, Mishie!!!

Anonymous said...

Awwwwww, cute!

Barbara1940 said...

Just love this idea, Michelle. Could I ask for the biscotti recipe, please....? I also love biscotti as do several of my family members. I'd love to make the chocolate dipped ones. Good idea for the glassine bags, too. Thanks!!

Anonymous said...

I always come to your site for ideas just like this one..it is fabulous.but could you share the receipe?..what a great idea for Valentines Day...I love your projects and ideas..you are the best!

Ribbonwood Cottage said...

This is soooo cute. I also loved your organization idea on your other post for birthdays. I am all into organizing this month trying to get on track ahead of the schedule. So that idea really hit home!
Thanks
Debbie

Marilyn Hitterman said...

I don't know if you'll find this today or not, but I can't find any other way to contact you, Michelle. I cannot find the link on this site of yours to leave an e-mail to Spellbinder's to enter today's die set name! I've spent way too long on this (about 1hr.!!) and just can't find your link. Could you please advise? I'd really appreciate it, Michelle! Thanks

Pink Birdie said...

Hi Michelle!!
What a cute box and I love the idea of the glassine bag, awesome!!
Hey I don't know if you saw on the box organization post but I would love to know wich font you used for that project. If you can share of course. Thanks a bunch!!

Stefanie Staniak said...

Beautitful Gift Mishy! You always do such wonderful projects.

Anonymous said...

What a nice project! For anyone who wants to make biscotti, there are lots of recipes out there. Just search for "biscotti recipes". They are very easy to make yourself, freeze well and are relatively inexpensive depending on the ingredients you choose to add.
C. Burke

Jenna said...

Love this idea along with ALL of your other ideas. This so cute too!!

Lisa Foster said...

Michelle, your creations are always so amazing to me! I love your blog...I confess...I'm addicted to reading it everyday. There is something on my blog for you :) Thanks for being such a great inspiration! (hugs)

Zarah said...

That's just the CUTEST thing! Love it! :D

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

Yum-O! What a yummy and fun gift from the heart!

Related Posts with Thumbnails