January 5, 2009

Holiday tags...and those glittered snowflakes

I don't think you guys were going to let me get by the holiday season without showing you those glittered snowflakes I spoke of early on so here goes. :) Every year I make some sort of homemade Christmas gifts for neighbors. I like to make a really pretty presentation instead of just gift sacks, so I shopped early on for some fun goodies. This year I decided on a red and white, candy cane like theme. I chose red and white baker's twine from Martha Stewart, some red and white striped fabric, silver jingle bells, silver pipe cleaners and some large wooden snowflakes that I glittered using Martha Stewart snow-like glitter. For my tags, I chose to use Papertrey's 2008 Holiday Tags set. They were just the perfect accent to finish off my packages. I also printed a label for my jelly jars and then used a whimsical circle border stamp from Papertrey's Borders and Corners Circles stamp set. I used PTI Pure Poppy Ink for all my stamping, and PTI Stamper's Select White cardstock for the tags. I adhered the glitter to my painted snowflakes with the The Essential Glue Pad. Worked like a charm.
Above and below are some of my decorated boxes. These Kraft boxes were purchased from Michael's. I cut my fabric into really long strips and tied them around my boxes. I then put two jingle bells onto the pipe cleaners and twisted them around the ribbon. I then tied on my glittered snowflakes and tags. So pretty!
I tied scraps of fabric onto my jelly jars and added the tags with some baker's twine.
For this gift, I used a larger Kraft box and filled it with a jelly jar, a block of cream cheese and a roll of crackers. I was late getting my gifts out this year so Eric suggested that they would make great New Year's Eve snacks. Good plan.
Here's my rectangle boxes all fancied up. I purchased some extra boxes so I might even use these again for Valentine's Day gifts and change up the embellishments. We'll see what goodies I can conjure up for that.
Okay, that's the LAST of the holiday goodies. It's a new year and I've got lots more cookin'. Stay tuned! I know for many of you it's back to work.....the fun is over....back to the grind! I'll be thinking of you today. I have one last day with my kiddos at home before they head back to school!

41 comments:

DeeDee said...

Oh my Mish, these are a perfect idea....that jelly sounds delicious too!! You are just so danged AWESOME!!! HUGS!!

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings said...

Yummmmmm...any chance you'd share the recipe for the jelly?

Basement Stamper said...

the packaging is awesome and so professionally put together!!! I'm sure they made wonderful gifts.

Melissa said...

How fun would it be to find this box on my doorstop??!! These are gorgeous! I check your blog every day, but I admit I don't comment that often. I really should let you know how much I LOVE everything you make! Your style is stunning and everything is just so cute. As are you girls. I love when you show pictures of them. They are precious!

Thanks for more inspiration!

MamaJoe said...

Absolutely gorgeous Mish. Great idea. Perhaps one I can pull off with a whole year in front of me. It takes me that long to do much of anything these days.
I agree with Denise....are you willing to share the recipe?

Chrisd said...

These are great and such a thoughtful gift!... Recipe please....

Dawn said...

Oh, these are simple and elegant! I love them:)

Karen said...

How gorgeous. Can I be your neighbor? Your presentation is always flawless.

Anonymous said...

I know you'll be busy getting ready for tomorrow (wink!) -- but, I'd love the recipe for the jelly -- cranberry jalapeno sounds .... interesting! And, it would make an interesting Christmas presentation -- 1/2 and 1/2 with the green jalapeno jelly on a block of cream cheese!

Mary said...

What great gifts!!! I was wondering what you were going to use that Martha Stewart Bakers Twine for!!! You had pictured it probably in early December and I kept checking back to see if you had used it on anything!! I love your creativity and LOVE your blog. How bout sharing that jelly recipe with us????

Anonymous said...

Cute cute ideas as always. YOu never fail to amaze me.

Chris said...

It looks spectacular and even your "scraps" of fabric are elegant! What a wonderful New Years treat! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness Michelle, you have done it again. You have such awesome ideas. Every morning I go and I check...What has she done today!!!
I have made so many things that you have done. I just placed another order for the Ellen Hutson stamps. I wish we had that in Ontario!!
Christine From Belhaven, Ontario

Dottie K. said...

Mish these are just beautiful. Thanks for sharing. :)

Anonymous said...

wow those are pretty!

Elizabeth S. said...

These are great looking gifts. Too bad I couldn't have been one of your neighbors this last holiday season, LOL

Valerie said...

"Would you be mine, could you be mine
Won't you be my neighbor
Won't you please, won't you please
Please won't you be my neighbor"


*grin*
Love these!

Anonymous said...

What a great presentation!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure I'd want to unwrap one of these boxes. They're just so gorgeous!!! Maybe I'd just take out the tasty goodies and re-wrap :) TFS

Anonymous said...

Uh-oh. People are clamoring for the recipe. Can a cutesy lil recipe card be far away?? I think not!

Love the gift idea. Lucky neighbors!

MichelleY said...

Dang, Girl! You've done it again....this project got my socks rollin' up and down. Mish, only your heart is bigger than your talent. What a sweet gift for your neighbors.

Cindy said...

Beautiful!! As always!! I would love to know the name of the font you used on this project and on the birthday organizer project.

Angela Lemmons said...

I'd like that recipe, too! It sounds delish! I'm going to make some of those snowflakes - it might be the only snow we see in TN this year!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

glitter girl said...

Hey Mish - those are sooo pretty! I love that you put the extra time and thought into the packaging... I also LOVE that font - I meant to ask you when you posted your birthday calendar - can you tell me what it is?
thanks!
Kerry

Janet said...

Beautiful! And I LOVE the font, too--contemporary and elegant. Will you please share the name? Thanks so much for showing off your creations!

Jennifer said...

Very pretty packaging and a great gift!

Tami McBeain said...

What a yummy gift, and the packaging is beautiful...any chance that you need a new neighbor?

Mary Sue said...

Really like your gift boxes. What kind of jelly did you make. Love the tags.

Anonymous said...

They are darling! How about sharing the recipe for that yummy sounding jelly? My mouth is watering.

Lila said...

Have you ever thought of moving to South Carolina???? I'd love to be your neighbor!! Your ideas are always creative - love love love your site!!!

Linda Beeson said...

That glitter is really fabulous! What amazing creations!

Marge Sexton said...

What a great gift!!! Thanks for the idea, I love your packaging. I just love the PTI tag set too, and the adhesive paper was so easy to use. Awesome!

Tindaloo said...

ool tags! I can feel the frost :)

Debbie Olson said...

Mish--you rock! I wish I could be your neighbor!

Danisha said...

These are very, very pretty! I know I would love to recieve something like that!

Mindy said...

Mish, love the idea of the whole box full of goodies. I have away some pepper jelly but wasn't sure how to give out the cream cheese and crackers, now I have a wonderful idea. I would also love your recipe for a different jelly.... thanks for the wonderful ideas!!!

Karen G said...

Michelle - I absolutely love these. I'm definitely going to borrow this idea.

I'd love the recipe for the jelly too--sounds wonderful and what a great gift.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful gift idea!!! Wow! I usually make jalepeno pepper jelly each winter. Would love to try your recipe if you would be willing to share!!! Served with Cream Cheese and Wheat thins...this is one of my favorite snacks!
Thank you for sharing!

Sara said...

Thanks so much for sharing - what beautiful packages!!! I would really llove a copy of your jelly recipe - I made and gave Jalapeno Jelly too, but the cranberry version sounds so yummy ;)
Thanks so much!
Sara
http://myquiltedheart.blogspot.com/

Betty said...

So will you share that jelly receipe?
Your packaging is so pretty.

Zarah said...

Absolutely DARLING!! Your blog is SO going into my Google Reader riiiight now. :D

Related Posts with Thumbnails