January 26, 2009

Just a note gift set

Edited to add: Tricia asked what other types of gifts I keep in my gift stash basket. Most of the items are stamped gifts such as notepads, notecards, etc. I recently did some lip gloss sacks....just whatever I find that would make cute, inexpensive gifts. If you check the bottom of my blog posts, you'll find that I've added labels for each post. You can easily click on those links and all of my related blog posts will show up. I have a label that is for *GIFTS*, so click on that from time to time to see all my gift ideas grouped together. Thanks for visiting today!

Edit #2. Dottie asked if the large glassine bags would fit 4 regular cards with envelopes. Definitely YES! If you wanted a more see through version that would fit even more cards, you could use Papertrey's clear card boxes shown HERE.

You guys know that I love to make little notecards by now. I decided to start making up some little gift packs of notecards to have in my gift stash. This way, when I need a little gift I can reach into my gift basket and have some items ready....instead of scrambling for a gift at the last minute. I plan to use these for teacher gifts, thank you gifts and just for those times when I want to give someone a little something special.

I started out by stamping some simple circle embellishments, using the new Just Rite Times Roman lowercase alphabet, and border stamp. I placed the alphabet letters and the border onto the small wooden stamper to create one complete stamp. I cut and embossed the circles with Spellbinder's Circle Nestabilities, then mounted them onto Spellbinder's Pinking Dies in Papertrey Ripe Avocado cardstock.
For the actual notecards, I used quater sheets of cardstock to create a 2 layer notecard with no folds. On the top layer of PTI Vintage Cream, I added a 1" x 3" strip of patterned paper from the Making Memories Noteworthy collection (an older collection, found at Archivers). I took a fine tip marker and drew some lines next to the patterned paper.
I then adhered my circle embellishments over the top of the patterned paper, leaving a little of the circle hanging over the top. Simply turn the paper over and trim off the excess with scissors.
Here's my finished notecards below. Very simple, with just enough space to write a quick note. I love the detail that the Spellbinders dies offer. You could also personalize these cards by switching up the Just Rite stamps that you use. You could add a monogram, a full name, etc.
I also created a matching notebook, using the same supplies as I did for my notecards(notebook from my stash, source not available). I added a strip of Papertrey Ripe Avocado stitched ribbon and a tied button. I'm in to simple packaging these days, so I opted for a Papertrey Large Glassine Bag. The notebook will be tucked inside for a very simple presentation.
The top of the bag is folded over and secured with an embellished clothespin, available at discount stores, Walmart, etc.
I love the idea of these little gift bags full of stamped goodies. All of the supplies were readily available from my stash and overall make for a very inexpensive gift. I cant' wait to have more of these in my gift stash.

15 comments:

Tricia T said...

I love the embellished clothespin used as a clip. What a good idea. So what other things (stamping or not) do you keep in your gift stash. I'm always on the lookout for good ideas. :)

Dottie K. said...

Oh so adorable. Love the clothes pin. Do you know if you could fit maybe 4 reg. cards/envelopes in those large bags? I've been making up some sets to have on hand and love that packaging idea. I'm going to pick up some of the clothes pins at the dollar store. Very creative and easy.

Keri Jackson said...

I always love your notecards!

Anonymous said...

FUN! Do you have any special ideas for teachers for Valentine's Day? My kids are limited to giving only cards to their classmates, but I was thinking something a bit more "special" for the teachers.

Notebooks and notecards are so fun, and I love doing them, I just wanted to try something new. KWIM?

Kristi said...

Altered clothespin....who knew!!? Love the idea!

Elizabeth S. said...

Love this is idea. Love the clothespin.

Anonymous said...

So cute, I hope all that receive your goodies love them and take the time to think that someone cared enough to make it homemade! A while back you posed something with SB frap. bottles I think. Well, I have been "gifted" with about 4 dozen of these from a friend and need some ideas, can you lead me to a post, I cannot find it. Thanks and keep up the inspirational work!!

Amy Pitts said...

Seriously! This is so cute! I love it. I have a whole bag of clothespins leftover from antoehr project. Thanks for sharing. :)

kim said...

I was looking at some of the past gift ideas and would love the recipe for the cranberry jalapeno jelly. I did not see it in your blog. ksmithjewels@yahoo.com

I love your blog and all the great ideas!!!

Anonymous said...

Love the clothespin idea! Thanks for sharing...you're so crafty! :D

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

not only do I love this idea, I love the little clothespin closure! I have a bag of those!!! What a fun idea.

wandykj said...

Cute idea of using the clothespin! Such a great gift idea to have on hand!

Wanda

Anonymous said...

Thank you Mish Mash,Great idea of gift note indeed.Sounds cute.Wish you a Happy Valentine's day ahead.

lol:)
Gifts to chennai|Gifts to India|Gifts to Bangalore

DeeDee said...

What an adorable idea Mish!! I love that they are simple and easy to make too!! HUGS!!

Anonymous said...

I was totally inspired by your project to make something similar, and quickly whipped up four sets of little note cards. I was tickled to be able to cobble together the "just a note" with PTs Paper Tray set for the "JUST" and "note" and the small alphabet for the "a". It was a little wonky, but I liked it that way. I love it when I can make a project so quickly--you have such great ideas and I really appreciate your willingness to share. Thank you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails