January 10, 2009

Lockhart Tulips

As I was sitting in my living room this morning, I was looking outside into our back yard. It's barren, brown and pretty lifeless right now. I'm yearning for Spring to come so that I can see the color green again...more birds...and flowers. But I will be patient in the mean time and just make spring like cards! Today I'm using Karen Lockhart's Tulips stamp. It's a pretty little stamp that captures the essence of a big bouquet of tulips. I can't say I've ever seen this color of tulips before around here but when you're creating art, you can use whatever colors you want right?
I colored my image with Copic markers. Oh how I love to sit and color with the Sketch markers. They have truly changed the way my colored images look. I just love them! I mounted my main image onto the Spellbinders Die Template that I showed a few days ago. It's a new release that will be out in late February/March this year and it's called Classic Inverted Scalloped Squares. I think that the inverse shape really adds a lot of detail to the layers of my card. Be sure to see my post a few days ago, all of the designer's blog links are listed so that you can catch a peek of other new SB dies being released.

For the remainder of my card, I used Papertrey cardstock in Ocean Tides and Aqua Mist, Polka Dot ribbon in Aqua Mist and October Afternoon patterned paper.

I know it's snowing in lots of your neighborhoods, so Spring is definitely not peeking around your corner yet. I hope you're staying warm, drinking lots of nice hot drinks by the fire...and stamping!!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks! I love the inverted scallop die -- and the color -- so this is a great card!

CraftyC said...

What a gorgeous cards and those dies look scrummy!
Clairex

Elizabeth S. said...

Beautiful card!! Love the new dies that have been revelaed so far. These dies made a perfect touch to this card.

Katy @ Live Laugh Love Craft said...

In my neighborhood, it is 70 degrees today! Gotta love Florida. :) Great card!

carole (TruCarMa) said...

This is absolutely stunning -- aqua/green-blues are my favorite hues, and this is just making me swoon!

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, spring--we could sure use a bit of that! Love this image, it's one of my favorites. Karen does such a great job with her "flower pots", but they really come to life when someone with your talent gets ahold of them. And yes, blue tulips are quite acceptable! This card is simply adorable.

Anonymous said...

Michelle,
Could you please cut a regular scalloped square and then use the inverted scalloped die to cut a square out of the center? I'm dying to see what this will look like and your blog is the only place to see it! :o) Love this tupip card - thanks!

donelle
ps - I'm in Nebraska and I can say I'm so DONE with winter already. :o)

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Hi Michelle. I can't see any way to email you personally, so I'm posting on your blog. I was recently given the Butterfly Award, and have selected you as one of the 10 to pass it along to. You can see the details on my blog at http://lisahjulberg.blogspot.com/2009/01/yowser-my-first-blog-award.html

I know some bloggers find these awards awkward because it's impossible to select just 10 to pass it along to, but I wanted you to know that I very much enjoy your art and your blog. Thanks so much for the inspiration!

Oh, and PS, I'm also getting into quilting... too many wonderful crafts to enjoy, too little time, but what a way to go!

Dottie K. said...

Love the card and those colors. I love tulips and that stamp is so pretty. Add that to my wish list. :)

Anonymous said...

I think whatever color you colored this pretty image I would love it!!! I love the new SB die, too - it's fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card...love the colors and the new dies!

Judit V.

DeeDee said...

Me too Mish!!! Come on Spring!!! BEAUTIFUL card girlie!!! HUGS!!!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE! Trena said...

Very pretty. I like the colors you chose, AND the layout.

Kelly Lunceford said...

Oh my...this is beautiful! I don't mind Winter at all, but this beauty makes me think to spring! I wouldn't be surprised in this day and age if there are tulips that color. Hybrids seem to make it easy to get anything you want. Well...anyway...this is gorgeous and I love the new nestabilities. You know that you make us break the bank with all of the fun new designs! LOL! Thanks for sharing! I always love coming to your blog to see what you are up to!

Michelle said...

Sooo pretty and Eastery, Michelle - perfect for the winter blahs. I am soooo jealous you have those new Nesties!!

Oma said...

I was born in Holland and tulips are my favourite flowers along tcarnations. I don't live in Holland anymore as I emigrated to Canada in 1956. Yeah, I'm old (59) but I still remember my Fatherland. I've never seen tulips this colour either but yours are very pretty!

If you need inspiration you should visit http://www.keukenhof.nl/nm/132/Park-Map.html

Keukenhof is a gorgeous park near Amsterdam. Click on the slide show and be prepared to be amazed at all the lovely tulips, daffodils, hyacinths etc.

Spring is my favourite season and I love the springlike card you made.

CherylQuilts said...

I wish I lived nearby...I'd love to just visit and stamp for an afternoon! You constantly amaze me! TFS!

Jenny L. said...

This is BEAUTIFUL. I love how you color. I really enjoy your blog.

Related Posts with Thumbnails