January 28, 2009

More Valentine Party Goodies

Edit: My Mind's Eye paper can be purchased at Eclectic Paperie...link is at the left. Also, if you're ever at a loss as to where to find a product, you can enter it into a search engine (like Google) and gobs of websites should be listed. Be sure to check your local scrapbook stores too, they'll love you for the business. :)

And the ages of the girls that will be at the party range from 10 to 13.

The Valentine's party that I'm hosting for my girls will be here before ya know it. Check out the link HERE for my first blog post that features the party invites and more. Jordan and I worked on party favors last week and here's our stash below. Doesn't it all look so FUN?!Here's the break down of goodies. Jordan and I were home alone one day and she was bouncing off the walls with energy...had ants in her pants....couldn't sit still....wanted to be entertained...if you have kids then you KNOW what I'm talking about. So I told her I needed some hearts for the Valentine's party. I gave her the Heart Prints stamp set, the large heart punch and some inks and cardstock. I showed her one sample heart of what I wanted and sent her to work. And boy, did she work! She stamped and punched, stamped and punched....ohhhhhhh until about 100 hearts later! I thought she would grow bored of the activity but nooooo, she kept on stamping and punching. I finally had to tell her that 100 or so hearts were enough! That kid's a stampin' machine, I tell ya! (old heart tin found at junk store, by the way)
So what are all those hearts for? I'm going to use them as *Love Coupons*. The party girls will receive coupons for activities.....like wearing colors that represent our party theme, having hearts on their clothes, bringing a certain item with them to the party, etc. They will also get coupons taken away for certain things....like not carrying their heart tins with them at all times during the party. At the end of the party, the party girl with the most *Love Coupons* will win a prize. Kinda like one of those dorky baby shower games, the girls will love it!
Above are the decorated heart tins that I've personalized for each party girl. This is what the *Love Coupons* will go into so the party girls can keep track of them. I used the small heart tins , some of the hearts Jordan stamped and punched, a pink sequin sticker and some Sweet Blush Swiss Dot ribbon. Very simple in design, but oh so cute! After the party, the party girls can take these home as a little party favor.
We're also doing a small gift exchange to get the party started. The mothers will love me for this one.....I'm providing the gift bags! Each bag will be personalized with the party girls' names, done in similar fashion to the party invitations I made. I used Heart Prints, Borders and Corners Hearts(for the heart outline) and some large circle and scalloped circle punches.
These name tags will adhere to the gift bags with pop dots. I purchased a bunch of aqua colored gift bags when a gift shop was going out of business. The fun ribbon is from May Arts. Now here's the fun part: each party girl will be asked to bring a stuffed animal ($5 or less to keep the expense down). The stuffed critter will go into a gift sack. The gift sacks won't have the name tags on them just yet. We'll do a *rob your neighbor* type gift exchange....where you draw the numbers, #1 picks first and you keep going til it's all done. Once the girls have their final gift, I'll add their name tags to the gift bags. The gift bags will be used to keep their prize goodies, heart tins with *Love Coupons*, candy favors, etc. Is this party gonna blow their skirts up or WHAT?? I can't wait.

Oh, oh, you have to hear about the girls' stuffed animals they chose. They're the little dogs shown above. We found them at WalMart for $5 bucks each. You can wear them as a hand puppet and then you make the puppy *sing* to the tune of Close to You by the Carpenters. They are SOOO cute....and will probably be SOOO annoying by the time the party ends. But we couldn't resist! Okay, that's it for now. I'll update you more with party photos and more goodies soon!

30 comments:

Michelle said...

Ohhh I'm so excited about this party and it's not even mine - LOL The tins and the bags - adorable - GIRLS will love all that! What a great idea for the game....a la dorky baby shower games - haaaa... Now I have that song in my mind "ahhhhh....ahhh....cllllose to youuuuuuuuuuuuuu...." Love the colors too, Michelle - I have such a hard time using both of those because they are so light, but this and then of course Easter will be perfect to bring them back to the forefront!

Tracy said...

Love your blog, thanks for answering the question on ink for copics. You really do wonderful work!

DeeDee said...

OMG!!! I know I asked you the other day when you posted the first info on the party.....but did you decide? Can I come too? LOL!! Oh Mish, this is going to be so much FUN for the girls and YOU!!! You are the BEST Mama!!! HUGS!!

akagreenhouse said...

Oh My Gosh! I want to come to this party!!! The fact that I'm 40-something+ shouldn't matter....right?!? What great stuff! And such cute ideas. It will be a blast and something they will talk about for a very long time!!!Or until the next party you throw! Cathy

The Little Cottage said...

Hi Michelle,
I find this a really nice idea!!! I am following your blog and I really love it. Thank you for all your suggestions!!!
Cristina

Sheena Richmond said...

Look at you girl! Wow...you're inspiring. I think I better get moving on my Valentine's.
I love that you put your daughter to work. Looks like she did a fantastic job too!
Way to go.
Oh...and can I tell you, I love how you put a little collection of "things" together for every season...your inspiration station! Love it!

Anonymous said...

Ok Mish... cut it out already! You're making the rest of us Moms ook bad! :-)

You're pretty darn amazing! The things you do are the reason I wish I could be a SAHM!

What age group is this party for?

Have a great day!!!

Dottie K. said...

Wow the girls are going to have a blast. So many fun things you have planned. Love the tins and the bags are so cute. You put a lot of work into this party for your girls and this is something that they'll remember. Take lots of pictures to scrap so they'll have something to treasure later in life. Thanks for sharing. I look forward to your post and get so much inspriation from your blog. :)

hello gorgeous said...

What a lush party, ideas are fab and the fact they have been hands on will make it more exciting - wish I was there too!

Have a great time xxxxx

Megan said...

I think this is AWESOME!!!! I LOVE IT! I'll stop screaming now. It's so cool. I would love to do something like this. I don't have kids yet, but I would *LOVE* to do something like this for them. How wonderful and what GREAT memories! Take some pics for us, k?? I'd love to see the girls have fun.

Karen said...

Not only are you an expert stamper, but you should go into party planning. The girls are going to have an amazing time. Love the colors you are using for the party. The best part is with alot of imagination, some time and paper, you can have an over the top party without breaking the bank.

MichelleY said...

Dang Mish...I want to be your daughter! The party sounds like a BLAST! And the party favors/bags are ADORABLE. I would never have thought to use aqua as a Valentine's color but it works!!

Anonymous said...

I'm in love with your blog! I really need to create my own blog so I can subscribe to you officially. :)

Michelle Whitlow said...

What a GREAT party idea!!! Now, do I have time to pull something like that together?? Hmmmm....

Elizabeth S. said...

Oh, what a great idea!! This will be the party that will be the one to top.

Ashley Vaerst said...

I see your fun things like this and I so want a girl. My two boys would never go for a fun Valentines party like this.

By the way I love your blog and visit almost daily!

Anonymous said...

Just FYI - your HERE link at top isn't "linking" to anything.

Nickki said...

Michelle,
Where can I find My Mind's Eye papers? I loved those papers you used for the Valentine's grid card.

Thanks!

Nickki

Anonymous said...

Way too flippin' cute for words! You bring cutesy to a whole new level! Jordan did a great job on all those hearts. Can't wait to hear all about how the party goes. The reds are going to be the most popular girls in school (although they're probably that already)!

Unknown said...

Mish you have got to be the BEST mother ever!!!! My girls would love to come live at your house! :) Sounds like a fun time planned!

Beth said...

I didn't get my invite in the mail yet! Just pm me the time and I will be there with my $5 stuffie! I am so excited! these are AWESOME ideas!

Norine said...

the tins & bags are so pretty love those colors Have a great time
hugs
Norine

Anonymous said...

I want to come to the party, I am 26 but I look like 15 maybe. So could I come???? lol.

Love the blog, and keeping this post so I can get ideas if I ever throw a valentine's party. I could even use these ideas for an adult vday party!

You are so amazing and talented.

So seriously could I get invited??? lol.

Charna

Yocy said...

hi! I was looking for your email to email you a question. Can you email me at yocelyn1124@gmail.com

Thanks and as always love your work

Anonymous said...

As always, such an inspiration! The girls will *LoVe* this party! Thank you so much for all the wonderful ideas you share on a daily basis! Wish I had an ounce of your creativity!! Seriously, how do you come up with all these ideas???

Anonymous said...

Your party is going to be a complete hit! The girls are so lucky! Do you want to adpot me?

maryps said...

You are making such wonderful memories for your girls. WARNING: They might never want to leave home! :D

You are an amazing volcano of creativity - persistently spewing out new ideas. I love to check your blog to see what fantastic creation you have posted.

Juanita B said...

WOW, you knocked my socks off with this post!! You mind and hands arrre amazing, I just LOVE your work. TFS

P.S. I didn't receive my invite yet, LOL & TFS.

**Nancy** said...

How fun!!!! What a great idea, too!! I bet your girls will have a blast!!!! Love all your cute projects!!!

Barbara Jean said...

Beautiful party goods, and cards.

Blessings,
Barbara Jean

Related Posts with Thumbnails