January 17, 2009

Simply Stationery

Soooo, did you guys get some good Papertrey goodies this month? A very useful set was introduced called Simply Stationery along with a new alphabet called Fresh Alphabet. Together you can create endless possibilities for stationery, note cards and personalized gift items. I made some very simple, single layer note cards (4.25" x 5.5"), using Simply Stationery, Fresh Alphabet, Borders and Corners Circles, Faux Ribbon and some October Afternoon patterned paper strips.
I first assembled my monogram using the letter *M* from the Fresh Alphabet set and an emblem design from the Simply Stationery set. You can see on my note cards that I used two different emblems to create my monograms. I then combined the patterned pattern and other stamps to tie the entire design together. The monogrammed circles were adhered with pop dots. I edged all my note cards with Fresh Snow ink(awesome coverage by the way).
Finally, I packaged my note cards in a clear stationery box from Papertrey and tied it up with Ripe Avocado Swiss Dot ribbon. I created an embellished insert, using the same supplies as I did for my note cards. So now when I'm on the run, I can take my stationery box and a pen and write some thank you's, etc while waiting for the girls at practices, doctor appointments, etc.

When you're crafting, be sure to take some time to make something just for YOU. Monogrammed note cards would be perfect......and would make the perfect gifts too!

All supplies except the patterned paper are from Papertrey Ink.

20 comments:

Michelle said...

Something for yourself! What a novel idea - LOL This is great, Michelle - this is easy and practical...and I'm going to start with a set for ME! Thanks as always for the great ideas.

Anonymous said...

Well Michelle, I hope you get a kick bonus from PTI. Your ideas sell it for me! I was just about to write the stationary set off my list and then I saw your sample. Bam...jack that cart up to 103.00. Your the bomb! Heidi Q in Ottawa

Dottie K. said...

This set is just so adorable. Perfect idea to carry them in a clear box. I just stamped some letters with my JR to make a set of notecards for me. I do like this set and the sizes are perfect. May have to add this to my wish list. :)

Katy @ Live Laugh Love Craft said...

I can't begin to tell you how much of an inspiration you are, Michelle! Great stationery! :)

Elizabeth S. said...

Love this set. I can't wait to receive mine so I can get started!!

Jenn in GA said...

mish--wonderful as always! just a quick question:

what size circle punch did you use on the monogram? just wondering if i have the right size before i order the set.

Cindy Lyles said...

These are incredible Mish!!! I'm going to make some of this style for gifts - heck I want one too!! LOVE IT!!!!

Lisa Foster said...

Very cool Mish! Love it! You're right, we should stamp something for ourselves, but I rarely do & these are PERFECT...so yep, I'm off to shop...Have a great weekend and as always, thanks for sharing your fabulous ideas! {HUG}

Keri Jackson said...

great! I always love the little notecards you make :)

glitter girl said...

Mish - I love them! You have me loving the kraft paper lately, too!
Um - not that I don't LOVE PTI, but I haven't seen you use Bellas in forevah... any chance you'll be inking 'em up soon? Just wondering...

Chrisd said...

I love the simplicity and clean lines of this set.What a great gift this would be...

Kelly said...

Michelle,

I discovered your blog a couple of months ago and find myself checking in at least weekly. I find your work delightful, charming but (thankfully) you largely avoid going over the "cutesy" line! I actually live just down the road from you (in Lawrence) and so have visited many of the places you reference. I do wonder how you find time and inspiration to make something new just about every day, along with all else that you do? Hope you'll let me in on that secret! Kathy N.

mE said...

OOOOOH I Love these!!!! Absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I want to get some of this month's new stuff from PTI... absolutely fabulous!

Inky Smiles!
Erin

Nicola said...

I love everything you do. This is a great idea.

Hugs
Nic

Basement Stamper said...

Love the colors of this and what a perfect gift!

Janet said...

So with these beautiful examples you've left me no more excuses...I'll just have to order the Simply Stationery and Fresh Alphabet sets. Love how you've used them here and that you've made something for yourself. As for me, I'm printing lines on my stationery before I add the rest of the elements. Am I the only person in the world who can't write straight??

Anonymous said...

OMG, ever since I discovered your blog, my lower jaw has been touching the floor. You're so creative and neat! I'm a bit of a perfection freak, and I admire your work very much. You see, I'm only a beginner and I still don't have many tools, but you've given me so many ideas and inspiration! Thank you and congrats on your lovely work.

DeeDee said...

Oh my, these are AWESOME!!!! I love the color and the stamps are GREAT!!! I just LOVE it!!! HUGS!!

Eleanor said...

Lovely!!

sandee jones said...

Can you please email me? I have a question...I just got the JustRite stamper and did a monogram but the letters are not fully inked and I am wondering why? I don't like that it stamped kind of blotchy. Am I doing something wrong?

Related Posts with Thumbnails