January 1, 2009

Stacked Cupcake Birthday

Happy New Year everyone!!! Here's to a wonderful start for your best year ever!!

Here's another birthday card today. I thought this would be a nice card for February birthdays since the patterned paper has reds, pinks and hearts. The two punched hearts and pink sequins also add to the look. I used Karen Lockhart's Best Cupcakes stamp that has the sentiment right there with it. I colored the image with Copic markers and then cut it out with Spellbinder's Long Rectangle dies. I love how these dies perfectly frame the more narrow and taller images. I finished up the focal image with a little snipper of Papertrey satin ribbon. An easy card that shows off a lot of that fun patterned paper by Cosmo Cricket.

The beginning of the new year is bringing some great things. Coming soon:

Spellbinder's 5 Year Anniversary Blog Party...new products, sneak peeks, free dies

Becky Higgin's 365 Album...yep, I ordered this morning and can't wait to get started

Ali Edward's new word for the year....I'll be telling you my word(s) soon

New Sewing Projects.....just finished 2 cute bags for my quilting/sewing supplies

Organization ideas.....just picked up my new sewing table that my FIL gave me..for free, yippeeee!

Papertrey Release coming soon...more great stamp sets and accessories

Karen Lockhart...new stamps in the works!!

Copic....lots more Copic Certification classes across the country

Winter CHA....January 25-28 in Anaheim, CA...waaa, I'm not going though...but it does mean fun, new products!!

Just Rite Stampers....new products introduced at Winter CHA

Whew, I can't wait for the fun!!!!

14 comments:

Renee said...

This is really cute! I love the cupcakes and the striped paper :)

Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

What a cute card! I love the DP and the sweet little image. TFS

Pauline said...

Such a lovely springish card :o)

Tricia T said...

You made some bags!! Good for you. Can't wait to see. I'm looking forward to seeing your 365 album, too. It looked like *such* a good idea!

Anonymous said...

Darling card. I want to see your new sewing table set up! I just re-did my area too.

Rebecca Ednie said...

I would have sent you an email but couldn't find the link. I would love it if you could add an email subscription service (not the same as the RSS feed you already have) like feedburner or feedblitz. That way any subscribers get emails when you add new content and we will never miss your posts! Thanks rebeccacell at gmail dot com

Susan (susiestampalot) said...

hi michelle! this is a super cute cuppy cake card! and man, that's a lot going on for the start of the new year! looks like it's going to be a good one! hope you had a wonderful first day of 2009!

Charmingdesigns said...

I love the card...I'm going to get the long rec. spellbinders...could you tell me what size yours is on this card?? sm or large scallop? lm.sm@comcast.net Laurie

Dottie K. said...

Happy New Year Mish! Cute Card! That stamp is just so fun. Can't wait to see what she is releasing. Oooohhh lots of stuff happening. I'm going to have to check out that album. Will you post some of your Christmas album that you did? Whatever happened with those snowflakes? :)

CreativeMish said...

Love your cute cupcakes! It sounds like its going to be a fun new year and you'll have lots of projects to share!

Holly Young said...

This is darling! I love how you punched the hearts out of the same designer paper and have them overlapped. Looking forward to hearing your word.

Toni K said...

Love your card! Happy New Year to you and your family! I can't wait to see what you've got cooked up for us!

DeeDee said...

SWEET card Mish....love that paper and the stamp too!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR to YOU!!!!! HUGS!!!

Anonymous said...

The Classic Inverted Scalloped Square Die Templates my....oh...my! These new ones are certainly taking my breath away...and so does what you have done with them! So clever!!!!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails