January 31, 2009

Valentine Party Pony Tail Pretties

Well, the invitations have been mailed for the Valentine party. Josey and Jordan got theirs today...they love getting mail, who doesn't!? I did not let them see the final invitations because there are a few surprises. The biggest surprise is that the party WILL be a sleep over. The girls had *un-earned* themselves that privilege a few weeks ago, but ol' softy mama caved in at the last minute. The girls will be so excited. I am so excited......I now have slaves for the next week. Below are the party invitation insides. I ended up printing the information onto regular copy paper, adhering the top only to the inside of the invite.
Okay so on to another Valentine party project. What can you do with these little pony tail scrunchies? Well, you can't use them on my girls' hair. Their thick, red hair would eat these things alive! No sissy pony tails will do, they have to use the heavy duty ones. Well anyway, I picked these up at Dollar General the other day for a $1, knowing that I'd find some use for them.
My creative mind didn't fail me! I grabbed my JustRite Stampers Designer Borders and Centers set and got to work. I stamped the *It's a Party* sentiment onto cream cardstock. Then I stamped the loopty-do border onto pink cardstock. I punched them out with circle and scallop circle (SU!) punches, adhering both together with pop dots. I then punched a 1/16" hole in the tags and attached them to the pony tail scrunchies with jump rings (found at your local craft shop/scrapbook store).
Here's my finished Pony Tail Pretties:
I slipped them around drinking glasses (yes, the party girls get to use the *gooder* glasses). They fit easily because the pony tails are stretchy. When I fill the water glasses, the Pony Tail Pretties can easily be slipped down to the stem of the glass so they don't get wet. After dinner, these will be transferred to plastic cups. I have party rules, people. You don't take food out of the dining/kitchen area.....and you only use ONE cup. It may be Party Central around here but it's not McDonalds! The girls can write their names on their cups or the back of their Pony Tail Pretties to mark their cups.
Now. Let's talk the night of the party. About ohhhhhh, 9:00pm, I will be going stir crazy. There will be SIX giddy, giggly girls running around my house....gearing up for Guitar Hero and God knows what else. Eric will be locked in our bedroom with the remote, oblivous to it all....probably scratching. Soooooooo, I've made myself a little Pony Tail Pretty......that will go on my own little *drinking cup*. Here it is:
Oh yaaaa Baybee.....a little Mishy Mixer.....Party Pleazer.......a little LOOOOOOVe potion. Come to mama!!!

Snort!! Okay, I'm belly laughing over that one! Nooooooo sillies, I won't be having anything stronger than Diet Dr. Pepper the night of the party. Maybe I'll get wild and have some Diet Coke with Lime! The thought was good though and I couldn't resist. But I can hear it now from the parents.....*Um ya, I heard ya got snockered at the Valentine party*.

Ohhhhh boy, I can't wait for the party. It's gonna be a blast!

37 comments:

Amy Kolling said...

Wow, I'm the first post.....what a cute idea. Could be adapted for any holiday party!! Now, I'm off to work I go....

Missy Hep said...

Mish, You are sssssooo cool!!!
I love your blog and your sense of humor!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Mish... it's 11pm here in Australia and I just thought I'd check your blog before heading to bed...this last post was laugh out loud stuff...I must be tired or else that must have been really funny because I'm still laughing! Anyway...this is the first time I have ever left a comment...but I DO want you to know that your blog is amazing...I think you are so clever and your ideas and colour schemes truly inspire me. So, thank you! Goodnight! Mel xo

Jaime said...

Wow...your girls are very lucky! It looks like you have an absolutely fabulous party planned!

I'm not sure if it bothers you or not but when you enlarge the photo of the inside of the invite your phone number is very visible...you may get some extra people RSVPing :)

glitter girl said...

hey mish - you are the first site i visit each morning! i was so excited today that i dragged my hubby over to look at the neat stuff you've got on here today!! I LOVE it! Too bad we have all boys.... Hmmm, I gotta borrow some girls...
Thanks for the endless inspiration!

Michelle said...

ROTFL!! This is one of the funniest posts you've ever done, Michelle - haaaaaaaaaa.....you have slaves for the week....and your husband scratches too! Bahhh...that's what I tell/say about my husband!!
Great idea on the ponytail holders - I bought a big sack of them on clearance and they're in the garage doing nothing...but this is a great idea. Your slaves....er, daughters and friends are going to have the bestest time at the party with the bestest mom!

Anonymous said...

You are too funny Mish! And clever, and creative, and inspirational, and.....

hello gorgeous said...

that little ol' brain of yours is just a burstin' with ideas!

Can't wait for the after-party pics! :D xxxxx

Ritesh said...

Why not begin a new and original family tradition for giving anniversary year presents that is guaranteed to delight and satisfy men and women alike

Anonymous said...

HI Mish! Would you mind sharing the info you put inside the invite? I tried to click on it and enlarge but couldn't. Thanks! Heidi Hrae

Laurel said...

Wow, you are so creative! Can you come and do my daughters birthday?!!

Anonymous said...

LOVING the Valentine's Party posts...those girls are gonna have so much fun and it will be a memory they will treasure for sure! I think you should buy some sparkling grape juice. That will make them feel like real grown ups! Heck, I still drink it sometiems... :)

CreativeMish said...

It sounds like it's going to be fun! I love the idea of the ponytail holders!

Tammy Nichols said...

I read your blog everyday and I have to say when I read about how you have a ponytail prettie for yourself and saw the picture of the shaker I was CRACKING UP! You are SOOOOOO funny! You need to come to girls night out in North Carolina and party with me and my nurse buddies, but you better have a strong stomach! Bwahhhahahahaha! Love your blog!

Suzanne said...

These are just tooooooo cute!

Chelsea said...

I love thos pony tail holders ... what a great idea!!! I'm sure the girls will LOVE the party!

Elizabeth S. said...

Oh, you have really came up with such great ideas!! This is going to be something the girls will always remember. Great job and such a cool mom!!

Anonymous said...

You are amazing! What an inspiration you are. I have a daughter who would die to go to a party like that. Your girls are so lucky and I just might have to "borrow" a few of those cute ideas! Happy hearts to you!
Wendi

Anonymous said...

You are so super creative. I wish I had your mojo and time!!!!

I looove parties! Have fun!

Anonymous said...

Stop, just stop--I think I ruined my keyboard on this post! LOL Thanks for the belly laugh AND the creative ideas. Only one problem--I haven't gotten my invite yet!

Shelee said...

Michelle, I so enjoy stopping by to see what creative project you are working on next. I have a question about something you did a looong time ago....the cupcake gift-in-a-bag. It had a cake mix, frosting, sprinkles, cupcake decorations on a stick, etc.... I'm making one for V-Day, and want to see again, how you packaged it all. Can you send me an email with the post date? Thanks so much! --Shelee Warner

Anonymous said...

Ya had me goin there for a second with the thought of you guzzling Cosmos while the girls went wild!!!!! Yo're too funny Mish and what a great mom, going all out for your girls. I hope you all have a great time!

akagreenhouse said...

These are absolutely adorable!!! Can't wait to try them! Thanks for sharing such a neat idea with us! Cathy

maryps said...

Girl! What do you have with your Diet DP every morning? Whatever is is, I want some - as in, a LOT!

You have endless creative ideas, boundless energy, and you make me LAUGH out loud! You're the perfect cyber friend...

-mary s.

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

Mish you are too funny! Hey you could have some *adults* come over for a little stamp session while the girls are playing!

DeeDee said...

OMG!!! You think of everything!!!! So very COOL!!!! You had me giggling there at the end...you goofus!!! HUGS!

Denise Bryant (imchatty) said...

Very cool. I am convinced there is nothing crafty that you CAN'T do. As alway I am wow'd.

Oliver's said...

OMG! I am new to your blog and I am in love! You are so creative! I was mesmerized going through all of your past posts, but I think my favorite was your Christmas/New Years gift boxes with the jelly, cream cheese, and crackers so clever! And the packaging so beautiful! I would love to have the recipe for your jelly, I make one every year but have never seen this one. Would you consider passing it on? Thank You, Paula

Alex said...

Oh, this is gorgeous! Please pick me as a winner, I love all things PTI and it's so difficult to get for me as I live in the UK...

marsha said...

I absolutely love your "piece of cake" design - I may just have to purchase this set! thanks for an opportunity to win!

Rebecca Ednie said...

The photo of the shaker with the prettie on it had me laughing my a... (sorry, butt) off! Hilarious! Oh, and a great idea!

Rebecca Ednie said...

Please, please add an email subscription service to your site. The only way I remember to visit my favourite sites is by getting email updates of new content. Feedblitz and feedburner do this for free. If you don't know how to add it, ask your PTI dt peeps. They all have it except dawn! Thanks ever so much!!

Amy Rohl said...

ROTFL Michelle--hilarious chatter and what a fun mom your girls have and so darn talented to boot! Have fun at the par-tay!

Mel said...

Mish...those Pony Tail pretties are so cute, but I had to comment..I have the EXACT same crystal glasses. Great taste girl--enjoy the Diet Coke with Lime!

Tandra said...

OMGosh you made me laugh SO hard with the Mishy Mixer!!!
Oh these girls are SO lucky to have you as the party Planner extrordennaire!!!!!

Kristin Moore said...

OMG, you are hilarious! My first time to your blog. Very fun- great stuff. I'm cracking up at the parents thinking you got snockered at the party. Hey, you deserve a little kick to that diet Dr. Pepper! ;)

LaurieStar said...

This is sensational! Terrific idea and wonderful pictures! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails