January 27, 2009

Yellow watering can with flowers..

Edit: If you've noticed, I don't have my email on my blog page....I know that I simply wouldn't keep up with the emails in a timely manner, so I don't post it. I'm just too busy creating, working and doing family stuff....and I don't want you to think I'm blowing you off by not answering your emails. But if you'd like to contact me, you can leave a message in my comments section with questions or your email address. I do read your comments and try to edit each post, at the top of the post, to answer questions if I catch them. Note: If you ask me to email you, I do need one tiny thing....your email address. :)

To answer the question about preparing my images for coloring: I stamp my images with Palette Black Noir Hybrid ink onto Papertrey Stamper's Select White cardstock. I can color immediately with my Copic Sketch markers. I don't heat set, I just start coloring. Hope that helps.

When we have a nice day here and there(not today by the way, it's nasty cold here), it makes me long for Spring. I sit on my porch and look at my flower beds and think about what new flowers I might plant this year, hoping for a glimpse of a new sprig of green. It will be a few more months before my flowers even begin to pop up so I guess some springy cards will have to do.

Today I'm working with Karen Lockhart's Sunflowers stamp. Typically I would color the flowers in a sunflower theme for this image, but I wanted my main image to match my patterned paper......so blue flowers it is.
I colored the flowers with Copic Sketch markers and used a piece of coordinating patterned paper to paper piece the watering can. The stamps along the bottom of my image and on the circle embellishment are from Papertrey's Around & About Sentiments. I love how they coordinate with everything.

I finished up my card by cutting my main image out with Spellbinder's Rectangle and Scalloped Rectangle Die Templates. I just love the vibrant colors on this card, a very cheerful color scheme indeed. Hope you're having a great day.....I've been scoping the blogs for new CHA products, visiting The Pioneer Woman blog (man, is she funny!)....and keeping warm, it's quite a dreary day. I've also been coloring up lots of NEW Lockhart images, so stay tuned.

Note: Some of you have asked for Valentine ideas for teachers. You can click on the Labels sidebar on the left for Valentines and it will show you my past Valentine posts....and I'll be working on this year's Valentine projects soon so hopefully I'll have some new posts to show you. Have a great day everyone!

23 comments:

Abi said...

Hi Michelle
I have been trying to get hold of you for evah! Can you please email me so that I can contact you?
Thanks so much. You'rs is one of my fave blogs for inspiration - I like to save you till the end and then read your posts with a cup of tea! Thanks so much for sharing your talent, ideas and creativity.

Michelle said...

Oh I love this blue and yellow together - totally takes the winter blahs away (at least for a moment in time); just lovely, Michelle!

Andrea said...

It's so funny that you mention Pioneer Woman today because I mentioned YOU in her blog comments yesterday.

Andrea

Yankee in England said...

I am so loving the patterned paper! Great card.

DeeDee said...

Oh I LOVE this Mish!!! It's just so stinkin' CUTE!! I love those yellow polka dots!!! Come on Spring!!! We are having an ice storm today....YUCK!!! HUGS!!

Missy Hep said...

Michelle you are AMAZING!!!! I just spent an hour and half on your blog!!! I found my way here via Wendy Aungst. Thank you for the ideas for Papertrey Inks quilters set!! Had to have it haven't used it!! Your work is just incredible!!
Thank you for sharing your talent!!
Melissa H, Bar Harbor ME

Anonymous said...

can you show/tell us how you clean your clear stamps?

Sharon said...

That card makes me feel happy, Mishie!! (I have a b'day in the spring . . . just saying, LOL!!)

Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle...please email me so I can contact you; I love your blog; you are my daily inspiration; the things you do are amazing; plus, your receipes are fantastic!...I love your ideas and your little gifts are precious...I need to know how you prepare your stamped image to color with your copics ?

Elizabeth S. said...

I just love this color combination. Beautiful card!!

Julie Pizzitola said...

Love, Love, Love the blue and yellow! I think it's one of the prettiest cards I've EVER seen!

Dottie K. said...

Love the colors of this card. I love the polka dot watering can. I'm wishing for Spring since we're getting hit with snow. Thanks so much for answering my question yesterday. I love the clear boxes but sometimes wish I had something for a smaller card set. Going to order some on my next order. Have fun coloring. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle..sorry I did not leave my address; here it is: fredrickson@telus.net

Kirsten Alicia said...

Hello Michelle, this is so pretty. It reminds me that Spring is - hopefully - not too far away! Kirsten.

SusanBluerobot said...

lovely card

Genevieve said...

I love the color combo on this card! And that patterned paper is gorgeous!

Don't you just love the Pioneer Woman? I've been reading her blog for a while. She's got some great recipes!

Judit V said...

This is so beautiful...I love the cheerful colours! Great work!!

Anonymous said...

I've been making cards for fifteen years and still struggle with using pattern papers with my stamps ( I know shame shame on me); but thanks for your inspiration, really enjoy visiting your blog. Lisa D.

Kelly Lunceford said...

This is delightful! I Love the blue flowers! The paper pieced watering can is the cherry on top! I have some Lockhart images headed my way as we speak! I can't wait to get my hands on them! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Love this Lockhart stamp! I agree about using PTI and coloring it. It absorbs the ink so well and is such great, sturdy cardstock. Love it! Thanks for another wonderful post!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Your watering can is a perfect match for your DSP. What a sweet, springy card. Love it!

Juanita B said...

Mm, mm, mm - I LOVE the colors and you layout!! Fabulous design, TFS.

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love your designs. Great color combos, composition, total outcomes. What great talent you have.

Related Posts with Thumbnails