July 18, 2009

Monogrammed Wedding Card

Good morning all you lovely people. I woke up way too early for a Saturday. Eric was clanging around in kitchen fixing his usual Saturday morning eggs. Today we have Eric's cousin's wedding to go to. The girls are the guest greeters/gift takers and will be sporting long dresses in lemon color with a scarlet ribbon around the waist. Josey is not thrilled about wearing this dress, after all it is not a t-shirt with a sports logo on it and long sports shorts. She'll live though. The gang all went to town for something or other but later on I'll be removing the blue toe nail polish and painting little piggies with a more wedding appropriate scarlet color. Then it's on to doing the girls' pretty red hair. Josey informed me that the girls' have never been to a wedding!! That never even dawned on me before, how did that not ever happen?

Anyway, I made a wedding card to go along with my other gifts and thought I would share it today. My color choices match the wedding colors, I used Lemon Tart and Scarlet Jewell paper and accessories. This card really shows how you can mix and match your stamp sets. For the base card I used Polka Dot Basics II, Life and Heartfelt Basics. Kind of an eclectic card but not too overwhelming. Then for the focal point of my card, I used a leftover monogrammed circle using the couple's initial from their last name. Underneath it, I used my favorite loopy circle from Borders and Corners Circles to add some oomph to the monogram. I then tied my card with pretty ribbon in Lemon Tart. Vintage buttons in Scarlet Jewel and Lemon Tart were tied with Rustic Cream Twine and placed randomly on the card front. Now I've got to go find a matching gift bag to package all my gifts, including my two monogrammed card sets I made this week. Often times for gifts, I like to attach the wedding card right to the front of my packaging...especially cards like this that match the wedding colors so well. You always know that your card is going to be one of a kind when you create it yourself.

Well, I'm off to iron our wedding outfits and then go see how many cucumbers multiplied last night in the garden! Have a great weekend everyone!!

12 comments:

dolcreations said...

What a beautiful and elegant wedding card! Have a great time at the wedding!
Christine

Lisa said...

Such a pretty and personal invite! I love weddings!

Elizabeth S. said...

Beautiful wedding card!! Love the color combo.

Anthonette said...

Gorgeous wedding card! I need to make one for a cousin. Thanks for the inspiration!

Amy said...

We just took our boys to their first wedding and they're 18 and 15! They had a blast!

Katy @ Live Laugh Love Craft said...

I really think that inspiration grows on trees in your back yard!! :)

Linda said...

It's beautiful. Does the ribbon go all around to the inside. Do you adhere it anywhere?

MichelleY said...

Oh Mish...what a lovely wedding card. I bet the girls are gorgeous. Please post a picture when you have time. I'd love to see the 'Reds' all dressed up.

Primitive Seasons said...

Mish, please post pics of the girls in their dresses!

Mary
www.primitiveseasons.blogspot.com

Rene Sharp said...

This is such a simple but elegant card. Love the colors!

patriciad said...

This will undoubtedly be the most special card the couple will receive! Would love to see pix of the girls all dolled up in their wedding finery ;-)

Bridal Shower Cake said...

You are so creative.
I love your wedding card.

Related Posts with Thumbnails