October 20, 2009

holly jolly Christmas notes

Today, we ran in early to get flu shots. Josey got hers, I had to run to Walgreens to get mine and Jordan couldn't get hers because she had a low fever last night. She's home today watching Sponge Bob. I'm going to be her little nurse maid in between working on my Ali Edward's class.........and I'm going to organize a Holiday Inspiration Station. So stay tuned!

Today I have a few notepads to show you using Papertrey's Holiday Button Bits and some new Basic Grey holiday paper I scored at Archiver's last weekend.For the Santa image, I stamped him and colored him in with Copic markers. I colored and paper pieced his head/beard and popped it up on top of the button. I used two SU! dimensionals and got just the right height. A shiny Pure Poppy Vintage Button is used for his chubby belly. For the sentiments, I used *holly jolly Christmas* from Holiday Button Bits and paired it with *notes* from my Take Note set....cute combo, huh? Tiny ric rac and red velvet ribbon finish off the notebooks.
My system this year is to make a few for myself and make a few for the shop. That way I'll have goodies to share with you....and goodies to give out to my friends and family. (FYI..these are sold out already in the shop but I'll have more holiday notebooks soon so keep checking).


Well, I'm off to warm up a heat bag for Jordy....poor little squirt. Stay healthy everyone!!

14 comments:

Rhonda Miller said...

Great!! I always love to see what you do next with the notebooks. TFS.

scrapfancy said...

Mish These are so cute and always a great idea. I love the new picture of yourself. I was at the CHA show and told you you needed that new picture. Just beautiful inside and out.

Katy @ Live Laugh Love Craft said...

Poor Jordan! Hope she's feeling better soon! Thanks for sharing your Christmas notepads with us today.. I am working on a few myself, as we speak. Just taking a little break to check out the blog world. :) Great job, as always!

Crestajune said...

Super cute! I love Basic Grey's new Christmas paper. I was able to get some myself last time I went to town! So fun! Love your stuff, as always!

Marci said...

Too cute!! Loving all these holiday notebooks you are sharing! Such great inspiration! Can't wait to see your holiday inspiration station! Sorry to hear Jordan isn't feeling well. My kids both had fevers last week. No fun for anyone!!
Hope she is feeling better soon!

Wendi said...

Oh so cute! I love that you are organizing your holdiay work station and getting holiday items ready. I better get to it. I'm still trying to get Halloween ready! Hope your daughter feels better soon. Thanks for sharing.

Dottie K. said...

Just adorable. Hope Jordan feels better. TFS!

diversarty said...

Lovely notebook, as always!!! I love basic grey papers. Keep up the good work!

Sherry said...

These are so cute! I have this paper and my stamps came today so I can play tomorrow. Thanks for the inspiration!

glitter girl said...

Love this! I have been gaga for your little notepads forever! Keep 'em coming! ;-)
PS - love the new profile pic, too.

Karen said...

These notepads are the cutest thing. I can't wait for my Take Note set to get here. It is supposed to be delivered tomorrow. Hope your sweet Jordan is better soon.

Mia said...

These notes are super super cute!!! I love how you used a button for his belly. Absolutely adorable! Thanks for sharing!!! :-)

Melissa said...

These are adorable!! I love the little Santa and that paper is perfect! I made one notepad already and can't wait to do more!!

Margi Mae said...

Love making the Christmas notepads for gifts. Is there a secret to keeping the cover closed. Mine don't seem to want to stay closed and just pop up. Is it the weight of the embellishments that keep it closed? Any help is appreciated.

Related Posts with Thumbnails