October 4, 2009

Pumpkin Inspired

I picked all the pumpkins from our vine patch last week and piled them all up on some rocks. I looooove looking at these photos. We had the regular orange varieties but also some white pumpkins, some that were kinda blue, some that were green.....and also lots of gourds.
The vines were just as pretty as the pumpkins....
I even posed a few pumpkins for some *senior picture* poses.....aren't they cute?
I can't wait to set them all out around the yard for decorations. We'll definitely be planting more pumpkins and gourds next year!!
All these pumpkins inspired me to make some cards using Karen Lockhart's Pumpkins in a Wheelbarrow stamp. It's one of my favorite images to color for Fall. I used Copics for my coloring and then layered the images onto Square and Scalloped Square Spellbinder's Nestabilities die templates.
I finished off my cards with October Afternoon patterned paper, some Aqua Mist ribbon, sequins and some hand cut scalloped paper from an old book. I love the non-traditional colors on this card....perfect for birthday, Halloween or just a nice Fall greeting card. I've got a few left at the shop too.
Well, after feeding 7 girls a pancake breakfast, I feel like a nap already. It was like a feeding frenzy at the concession stand at halftime of football game. Good Lord Gert!!!!!!!!! Eric had to leave the property for a while and go for a little drive. We had 11 girls here at one time, which included a friend of mine and Eric's mom........he was desperately searching for manly company last night!! But instead he resorted to telling the girls to watch out for bears and mountain lions in the timber.....you know, the typical *scare the pants off the town girls who don't get out to the country much* kind of stories. He also convinced half the girls that they were eating opossum bacon this morning. Maybe that's why half the bacon ended up in the trash.....nice Eric!

Well, I better go see what they're all up to, it's wayyyy too quiet.......or maybe I should just stay hidden for a while and enjoy the quiet!!

11 comments:

Connie Pruitt said...

This is my favorite time of the year. So I loved all your pumpkin pictures. I live in Missouri and am enjoying about the same weather as you. Loved your card too! Am always inspired by your blog.

Patti J. said...

Love your photo's and your cards. I'm also a Missouri girl - hi Connie! Fall is my favorite time of the year all around, especially with DP, coloring, etc... Great post today. Eric sounds like a great dad! Sounds like you had a fun Sat. night! Enjoy them - they grow up so fast! Hugs...

Lorri said...

I love this time of year and those pumpkins were just wonderful to look at. Your hubby sounds like a real hoot, he would get along famously with mine I am sure. Always enjoy your blog and everything you make for us to all enjoy.

Karen said...

Very pretty cards. I like the little bling next to the ribbon. I would be happy if Fall lasted all year. Great looking pumpkins.

Claresflair said...

I really love your blog - so inspirational. Just wish I had the time to spend on my crafting!!I am in the UK so not many pumpkins here. :(

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Michelle, What beautiful pictures, you sure are a multi-talented artist. Great layout. I love the white pumpkins too and your right the vines are just as pretty. Quick question, don't you get animals feasting on your pumpkins. We were thinking about a patch for next year, but up in northern NH we have so many animals around, we thought they might have a field day, so to speak. Fabulous card, such different colors. Patty R.

Michelle said...

MOG I am sooo loving your pumpkin patch! Our pumpkin plant didn't grow.. Shrivelled up and died with the lack of rain down here. It reminds me of the pumpkin patches we used to go to with the kids when they were little. Love the card! That image is gorgeous! A set with a wheelbarrow and additions a la Vintage Picnic would be AMAZING!

Michelle

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous card! I love visiting your blog - I always find so much inspiration here! Gorgeous inspiration photos of all those pumpkins - great way to tie in the wheel barrel of pumpkins! The color Aqua Mist is what sold me on PTI products! :) TFS

Jolene said...

BEAUTIFUL card Mish!!!

I so enjoy reading your blog. Thank you for the opportunity to take these little peeks into your life. :)

CherylQuilts said...

Always love to read your posts...so funny! What a guy!

Millie said...

What a gorgeous area that you live in!! It looks so peaceful and beautiful!

Related Posts with Thumbnails