July 11, 2010

S'mores with the family...

Hey friends. Still busy working on this month's Papertrey projects. Thought I would share a fun evening with you we had a while back. S'mores with the family. Jordan and I packed up a vintage picnic basket......
.....full of S'mores ingredients. Walmart had all three items displayed together. Clever marketing. We sure dumped everything into our cart.
Oh yes. Come to mama. I have to admit, I like to toast my own marshmallows though. Slow and easy so that the entire marshmallow is gooey inside. Then toast the outside so it's all brown and a little bit crispy. Yummo!
We gathered around my folks' porch with our family and a few friends. Dad got his fire pit. He had it all ready by the time we got there.
And the S'mores vanished just like a perfect sunset.
Good times. Great memories. Have you made S'mores lately????? And have you tried my S'mores Puffs? Oh my. Come to mama again. You must try these. And don't forget...you can click on my recipe label at the end of this post and see all my recipes I've posted on the blog. I think I need to add some more, don't you? I'll try to work on that....

Hope you have a sticky sweet day, friends! I think I'll head to an auction today....which means show and tell this week for you guys. Stay tuned!

15 comments:

dolcreations said...

Love the post Mish! Can't wait to see some new recipes...how many more sleeps!

bonnie said...

Well I love these...we don't have a tradition here in the UK of having them but I make my own and love them....especially toasted too! My 2 little girls tried and likeds them too! Love that vintage picnic hamper...adorable...hugs to you, Bonnie xx

Eveline said...

I have never tasted one and we don't really know s'mores over here but they sure look good. Love the vintage picnic basket.
Eveline.

patriciad said...

The house next door is for sale. Won't you be my neighbor?? Doesn't hurt to ask...

Unknown said...

Mmmmm mmmm! We're going backpacking in Washington and Oregon soon, and we plan on having smores every night!

Judith said...

Wow that picnic hamper is a real beauty. x

Jen said...

Hey...is that the same basket that inspired the Vintage Picnic collection at PTI? Cool! I LOVE s'mores anytime!

Cindy said...

I love that picnic basket! It is so "you"!

Sheryl in NM said...

Thank you ,Michelle for always so generously sharing your creations and yummy recipes with your blog readers! We love you for it! (I have started keeping a 2 liter Fresca and Cranberry Juice Cocktail in my pantry as well as limes in the fridge for your awesome and refreshing drink recipe!)

Tricia T said...

What a fun post, Michelle! Since going gluten free we can't have the graham crackers anymore, so our new favorite is to toast marshmallows (over a candle, usually!!) and sandwich them between 2 layers of chcoclate. Works for me!! :-)

Tricia T said...

What a fun post, Michelle! Since going gluten free we can't have the graham crackers anymore, so our new favorite is to toast marshmallows (over a candle, usually!!) and sandwich them between 2 layers of chcoclate. Works for me!! :-)

Oh, and btw, I like mine soft and gooey inside and burned beyond recognition outside. I can't wait long enough for the pretty brown color. I just light them on fire one side at a time! LOL!!

Cassandra said...

Thanks for the explanation of what S'mores are. Sometimes things can get alittle lost in translation. Certainly looks like an interesting treat. Looking forward to your PTI contributions -always fantastic.

Krissy said...

OOOH! I need to try Smores Puffs! YUM! Thanks for sharing! Have you seen the new HUGE JUMBO marshmallows yet? I saw them at Walmart the other day - they are almost as big as my fist!

Dee in N.H. said...

What a great basket! All that S'mores talk has made me hungry! Great post.

Andrea said...

Yes I did try your smores puffs - YUM! Have YOU tried smores made out of mini reeses peanut butter cups?!?!?!? COME TO MAMA!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails