August 20, 2010

Birthday Tag Card

Hey friends. I had a few scraps leftover from my Butter and Brown kits so I thought I'd whip up another little goody for you today. There are still kits left in the shop that you can check out here. Company is here so I'm posting this for you early tonight.....it's your late Friday and into Saturday card fix. ;)
Am I totally self centered if I say that I love to use my own little kits? It's true. Sometimes I get so caught up in creating kits and projects for design teams or the shop that I just love it when I steal away a little time to create some goodies just for me. And when I see bits and pieces of a kit leftover I love to use them because I know it all coordinates and is ready to be assembled on a project.

Take this adorable birthday card, for example. I used the last snippets of the butter and brown floral fabric (wish I had more!) to create a fun background on a medium parcel tag that comes with the kit. These tags make it so easy to create a focal point for cards, I just love them.

Layered on top of my fabric covered tag is one of Pine's Fillable Frames. Fillable Frames #5 to be exact. Along with it's coordinating die. They're my favorite of the Fillable Frames, I think. Love. Double Love. The sentiment and the big word YOU are from Melissa's All About You stamp set. It's another favorite set of me. Gotta love the graphic words in this set. On the background of the card, I stamped an image from Background Basics: Tin Types with the tea duo inks.
Here's something else I love that you'll be seeing more of. It's the torn strips of fabric that I turn into ribbon. I love the torn look and the homespun feel. By using the fabric flat on the tag it looks like patterned paper.....but then to see it all loopy like a ribbon....wowzers! I used a little snippet of the vintage buttery lace on the tag too and kept the pieces all gathered up by using my Tiny Tim stapler. Love that little gadget. Cindy, my friend from Star Lit Studio can hook you up with one along with my fave-O -rite October Afternoon papers. I finished off my card with tied buttons, both the buttons and twine are included in the kit.
Love this shot.....see all the dimension and layers. Pop dots are amazing little doodads. Love them.
Hope you enjoy! I might just have to break open another Butter and Brown kit for myself, I really really love this butter and brown color. Better get one before I sneak all the fabric out of the kits. For once I was being frugal in the quilt shop.....and now I need more of that sweet little fabric! Figures.

Oh and more goodies came in today. I'm gathering up all my new items for a grand shop update coming soon. I can't wait for you to see.

4 comments:

Alice said...

these colors are so yummy!! love your beautiful card!

Anne Tussing said...

Not my typical colors, but I LOVE what you've done with them. I've been checking your blog all day and was excited to see a new post! You inspire me:)

Betsy said...

You have good reason to love using your own kits. Your site is the first I have begun to check lately because I love the coordinating colors you choose and your very-evident talent in pulling everything together. As an artist, I am VERY IMPRESSED with your work!
Thanks for all the fun.

Kristi @ Creative Kristi said...

This is so bright and cheerful!

Related Posts with Thumbnails