January 27, 2011

Project Life Week 3

Have I told you how much fun I'm having with my scrapbooking this year? Definitely making progress. Here's my Week 3 layout for this year.
We had lots of activities going on last week. Lots of little snippets to add and more detailed stories. I definitely got more scrappy with my inserts this week. Here's the left page:
And the right page:
For my main weekly insert, I added a chipboard accent and sewed on a strip of scalloped patterned paper. On the smaller journaling insert with Jordy, I added a small photo and sewed a strip of patterned paper from the Project Life Amber Edition kit to the top. I first typed a blurb using my vintage typewriter, found at the thrift shop.

Note on vintage typewriters: You can find these for $20 or less at at antique shops and thrift stores. Ask the clerk if you can try the typewriter out to make sure all the letter keys work. If the ribbon is dry, look at office supply stores for a new one. I found one for mine at Staples for under $5. Just bring the old ribbon to compare. My new ribbon plastic spools did not wind the ribbon right for my old typewriter so I just re-spooled the new, juicy inked ribbon onto my old spools. Messy but so worth it. I love the look.
Here I've sewn a doctor appointment card onto a blank journaling card. First I typed a blurb. On the right I stamped the *random receipts* with a Hero Arts alphabet and added circles of machine stitching. I then stapled on a chipboard circle accent piece. This piece is one of the folded journaling cards. Receipts from the week are folded and tucked inside with a note about the current recession. Date stamp is from the Project Life kit.
Here I've stitched a small tag from my Etsy shop right onto the photo. I first typed a blurb and stitched on a strip of patterned paper from the kit. On the right I took a photo of all of Josey's medicines then stitched on sticker letters to spell Rx. Love that look and the sewing machine goes right over the letters.
On the left I've got another folded journaling card. Inside are two blurbs about the girls that coordinate with the photos of their feet. Tag was stamped with alphabet stamps on a tag from my Etsy shop. The gift is a chipboard accent. The middle journaling accent has some alphabet stickers with stitching on the top. On the right is a small photo of my Fisher Price Farm, added as a reminder of a toy we have. A snippet of typewriter journaling was added to a strip of patterned paper from the PL kit.
This shows one of the photos of the girls from the week, matted on white cardstock with stitching around the photo. I used a snippet of a journaling card with grid marks that is sold separately for Project Life....typed Josey's name, wrote her age and stapled it to the insert. The chipboard flower was stapled to the photo.
This two page spread took me about 2 hours to complete. Not too bad for a week's worth of photos. I'm estimating that with the main, two page spread and my insert pages that I add...I probably spent about 4 hours on my album last week. Very reasonable amount of time and I felt like I was still able to be creative and get scrappy with my album. Perfect for me!!

Stay tuned tomorrow for the additional insert layouts I added to Week 3 of my album. Also, scroll down to see additions I've made to my Valentine Exchange post. Cute stuff. Thanks for stopping by today!

4 comments:

Marci said...

I just wanted to let you know how much I am *LoViNg* your Project Life postings!! Thanks SO much for sharing them with us!!! I missed the kits the first time they sold out but I am SO excited that my kit is due to arrive on Feb. 1st! I was excited before but seeing the creativity you have put into your album is making me even MORE excited!! Please keep sharing your pages! I'll take all the inspiration I can get from YOU!!!

Diana F. said...

Wow, amazing layouts and such attention to detail. I am very impressed, as always.

Anonymous said...

that is such a good idea!! I bet it makes it so much easier to do it each week. You have such amazing detail! Adding your blog to my reader :) If you ever have a chance I'd love for you to link up to Handmade Tuesdays @ Ladybug Blessings. www.ladybug-blessings.com oh & p.s come enter my giveaway for an inspirational dog print :)

June K. said...

Thanks for sharing. I love looking and reading about you and your family. You have also given me tons of ideas on what I can scrap about. Thanks, Mish!

Related Posts with Thumbnails