September 21, 2011

Cards from Project Life Leftovers....

Hey guys. Follow along with me. :) For this month's Papertrey release, I really loved this card from this post. The layout was linear and graphic + it was a great way to use up small bits and pieces of scraps.
So I made this sketch so that I could refer to it often.
Then I made these cards + tags from all my Project Life leftovers that were scattered about my work table. The tags will be used for Etsy orders and were made from my Small Gray Parcel Tags + some fun, old fashioned yarn.
This card uses scraps from Sassafras + items from my Studio Calico kits + a typewriter image from Hero Arts + baker's twine + a White Metal Rim Tag. Love the neutral, earth tone colors.
And do you have lots of tiny alphabet stickers? I know you do. Here I stitched on some letters that I know I'll rarely use. It's a fun way to add some type to projects + it uses up leftover product.
This card features more from my Studio Calico kits + an embellished Small White Tag + an Amy Tangerine sticker from American Crafts. That sticker book is jam packed with stickers. My favorite new trick is to stitch down the white tags and then staple the strings down with my Tiny Tim stapler.
More baker's twine + Amy Tangerine fabric paper in the cool chevron pattern + some mistable fabric + vintage lace from my stash. All stitched down. A few sprinklings of Mister Huey on each card and these were done in a flash.
Two new cards for my stash. I think I'll try to make a few cards each time I wrap up a Project Life layout. It's a good plan. Hope you give it a try.
Sooo, tell me. How is your Project Life coming along? Are you caught up? (ya right).....are you working to get caught up (raises hand).....are you loving it (that's me).....or are you just now thinking about starting Project Life (order a new kit, they're coming soon, you'll love it).

Other news: All orders placed from Sunday up to yesterday from my Etsy shop were shipped yesterday. Wow, thank you for your orders. I'll be re-stocking the fun bags soon.

Halloween Treat Kits: Look for some fun Halloween treat kits in the shop soon. I'll be using some brand new sacks + some new Elle's Studio Halloween goodies.

Holiday Mini Album pre-orders: Look for a blog post yet this week. I'll be showing a sneak peek of items from the album, including pretty papers, handmade items + more. Pre-orders will start this week.

4 comments:

Anne-Marie said...

I actually saw this post on Facebook but my phone's keyboard is too hard to use to comment....LOL!
I absolutely love what you did with your leftovers...definitely worth saving those scraps...ha!...and that sketch is fabby!

Meredith MacRitchie said...

WOW. There are so many wonderful ideas on this post, I don't know where to start! I am addicted to alphas, particularly the tiny ones you mentioned (don't get me started on how many I have), and what a GREAT idea to stitch them down - I love that you used extra letters, but I also love the idea of stitching on the words I build. I also love how you attached an embellished white tag. You have me scouring the stationary aisles looking for goodies to put on my cards, and I am the proud owner of a giant bundle of those very tags now.

PL... well when you first started it, it wasn't my kind of thing. But the more I see your book develop, the more intrigued I am. I don't know if I am ready to make the plunge yet, but I can certainly see the appeal - so who knows what the future holds?

Kim H. said...

Love them all and that the fact that nothing went to waste! Soo creative!!

jessica - craftychicgirl said...

LOVE.LOVE.LOVE...they all feel so fresh and modern...

Related Posts with Thumbnails