May 20, 2013

May Gossamer Blue....calendar cards

Hello everyone!  Thank you for the birthday wishes.  We ended up the evening last night by celebrating with an ice cream cake and watching 2 funnel clouds.  Exciting stuff!  We're all okay.  Today we start the first week of SUMMER break!  Woohoo, I love having my girls at home with me more.

Today I'm sharing more cards made from the Gossamer Blue May Kits.  If you're like me, you love seeing all the inspiration you can get from a kit once you have it in your little hands.  I post my projects for a particular month all throughout the month so you can continue to be inspired.  

Here we go with some fun birthday calendar cards.  The fun calendar is from the May Bits & Pieces Kit and the patterned papers are from the May Main Add-on Kit.  You can see all of the kits here.  
For the tops of my cards I used various Papertrey stamps from my stash.  I stamped them in fun colors that coordinate with my papers.  Some of the sentiments were stamped directly onto the card fronts, some were stamped on Medium Manila Parcel Tags and some were stamped onto cardstock that I cut out with my scissors. I splattered some orange ink onto the tops of the cards.  The fun paperclip flags are from the May Bits & Pieces Kit. 
For the bottom of my cards I stamped the calendar stamp from the May Bits & Pieces Kit onto a simple index card.  Using small number stamps I stamped the year "2013".  When I'm ready to send our a card I'll stamp in the month and then use a small circle stamp to highlight the date of the birthday.  I love the fresh colors on these cards. 
I also have a sneak peek at what's to come for Gossamer Blue in June.  Below I used one fun embellishment pack to create some easy card toppers.  After the June release I'll be showing you how to create 8 quick cards from just the one pack of goodies that will be in the Main Kit + a few other supplies from your own stash.  Perfect for Summer themed cards.  
You can check out more of the June Gossamer Blue Kits sneaks by clicking on the Look Book link.  The colors coming are just fruit-punchy and fun!

If you're new to Gossamer Blue, here's a few quick facts for you:
1.  Kits are available on the 1st of every month. 
2.  Subscribers can shop for add-ons 24 hours earlier than non-subscribers, with a $5 discount off the main kit. 
3.  Main kit is $34.95 or $29.95 with a subscription.  
4. Subscriptions can be cancelled at any time with no fees....a very easy commitment.
5.  Kits ship on the the 5th of every month.
6. Kits include a mix of manufacturers items including patterned paper, cardstock, digital elements, embellishments, stamps and Gossamer Blue exclusives. I'm always impressed by the current selections that Lori picks for the kits.  
7. The Look Book (sneak peeks) debuts on the 15th of the month.
8. We have a blog + a Design Team Gallery and a Member Gallery for great inspiration.  

Thanks for stopping by today.  I'm off to finish up the cards from my sneak peek photo.  Hope you have a crafty day.  

2 comments:

richardbreaks said...

Just lovely, Michelle! Hey, my blog post today is all about you! Check it out! mrcardmaker dot blogspot dot com. ( I think you're supposed to do that to keep the spammers away)

Pam said...

Cute idea for birthday cards !!

Related Posts with Thumbnails