November 4, 2013

My holiday crafty stash & vintage organization....

Hello everyone.  Can someone tell me how November came along so quickly?  This Fall season has blessed us with some beautiful Kansas scenery & the brightest yellow, red and orange leaves we've ever seen.  I wish this season would hang around a little longer before the colder temperatures hit.  

As much as I love celebrating Fall, the glimpses of Christmas are everywhere we turn.  So my plan is to  get my lists organized and to have all my holiday crafting items ready to go when it's time to start creating.  I'm not ready to get into that mode just yet because there's a lot of Fall to hang onto this month.  But when the time comes, all my goodies will be waiting for me.  

So today I'm sharing my holiday crafting items and how I organized them in my vintage containers.  Before I get started you should know that I have a similar post up today over in the Gossamer Blue December Memories classroom.  You can access the class by signing up right here.  The Gossamer Blue December Memories Kit is now sold out but you can still get a ton of inspiration all throughout November by taking the class.  Class starts today and you'll get special access to 16 private blog posts, a photo gallery of the Design Team's base pages and so more more.  Registration closes today so act quickly.  

Today in the GB classroom you'll see all of my December Memories Kit items arranged in vintage containers. I had so many supplies that I thought I would have plenty leftover for other crafty projects like cards and notebooks.  Once I completed the base pages for my album though I knew that I would  need some more crafting items for my own personal use.  So I headed to Two Peas in a Bucket and purchased a fun mish mash of items to create my own holiday crafting kit of sorts.  You can find all of the products I ordered in their online shop.  I'll list the manufacturers with the items so you can search for them by brand under SHOP on their main page. 

This year I'm loving everything GOLD.  I'm loving the Gold Foil Doilies, Gold Clothespins and Gold Baker's Twine that I have in the shop now.  I'll definitely be using those items for my own personal use.    I also have a new batch of the popular Woodland Sequin Mix in the shop now....this will be the last batch so get some while it lasts.  This looks great with all of the gold products out this year.  And DEER, I love the deer motifs I've been seeing. The papers I selected for my stash have lots of gold, deep red, aquas and greens.  This entire lineup is from Pink Paislee (Snow Village), my favorites for this year.  Many of these styles were in the December Memories kit and I just had to have more. 
I also chose some beautiful papers from a few other manufacturers. The red deer paper is from Webster's Pages (Allison Kreft), the gold foil/kraft paper is from Studio Calico and the three papers with the aqua are from Webster's Pages also (Brandin O'Neill).  They are gorgeous!  I plan to pair these up with a new shop item I just released.  It's my Shimmer Swirl Envelopes and Paper.  Photos cannot show how beautiful these papers are.  It's like a shimmery snow storm just landed on paper.  I plan to use the papers for layering on top of the patterned papers.
Here's a shot of the beautiful Shimmer Swirl Envelopes and Paper.  The papers are just silk smooth.
Next up I chose some whimsical papers and chipboard pack from Crate Paper's Bundle Up line.  I will most likely use these for notepads like my Holiday Planners.  Sorry, the photo is blurry.
Here I have a fun assortment of stamps, papers, stickers and embellishments.  Thickers are from American Crafts.  Snow Village stamp set, 6 x 6 paper pad, and 2 embellishment packs are from Pink Paislee.  Deer stamp set and enamel dots are from My Mind's Eye's (Vintage Christmas).  Gold rub ons are from Jenni Bowlin and gold star washi tape is from the shop too (?).  Those chipboard stickers with the candy cane and ornaments are my favorite this year from the Pink Paislee Snow Village line.
This year I'm using these fun, vintage Ovenex pans, some small tins and a wooden letter fox for my storage.  I love the dimensional starburst pattern on the pans.
I've been able to find several styles and they go perfectly with my little tin molds. 
So here's how I organized all of my supplies.  I pulled some other items from my stash but I didn't want to put my holiday mind into overload.  I kept it pretty simple this year.  I did add in some doilies, baker's twine, other gold washi rolls, gold spray, gold glitter, gold embossing powder, embroidery thread, letter stamps and a holiday date roller stamp. I nestled all of the crafting items into the tins and then placed them in my wood letter box.  
All of the larger items are in the back, smaller items in the front. I used the Gold Clothespins from the shop as little organizing dividers.
Here's some of the smaller items tucked into the bread tin.
Washi tapes go in the small jello type molds.
As I want to use specific items I can take out the bread tins as needed and take them over to my work table.
This year I've mixed up several varieties of holiday sequin mixes.  I love to use these with clear bags or vellum bags from the shop and pair them up with all the pretty papers.
I placed all the varieties I've made so far along with my Jolly Jingle Bells into small jello molds.  These were placed into a baking pan all by themselves....just in case I have some spillage. 
I'll store my little holiday crafting station on a table I cleared off in my craft room.  I like to keep my work table cleared off for big projects so I'll just take these items back and forth as needed.
So pretty to look at and to me it's just as much fun organizing the supplies as it is doing the actual creating.  I hope you're inspired to find some unique storage items and set up a holiday crafting area too!

Note:  Check back here later this afternoon.....I'll have a second blog post going up today with some special vintage finds for you.....and they might just show up in my shop too.  :)

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Ahhhhh….I love getting my Mishie fix. I love it when you share your fun holiday organization. Hope you are well Mish.
Melissa

Unknown said...

I wish I could display my holiday goodies this way. My cat would have a field day! There would be glitter and sequins everywhere!

Unknown said...

Thank you for posting one of my favorite types of posts that you have done over the years..the "Inspiration Station". I started doing that in my craft room when you made your very first post about it and it has been so helpful I continue to do it with each card making holiday. I love to see how you organize everything and choose your supplies. I am with you, I think I live to organize it as much as anything:) I love the Crate Paper Bundled Up line and bought lots of that line this year along with OA Christmas line. Found some cute embellishments at Target and like everyone else I am really getting into the gold look. Such fun, cannot wait to see what you create for the holidays. Thank you for posting this and have a good week.--Diana F.

Related Posts with Thumbnails