December 17, 2013

Project Life 2013, Week 45 using December Gossamer Blue

Edit: The typewriter looking journaling is indeed done with a vintage typewriter.  I just run the journaling cards right through my old typewriter.  :)

Week 44 of my Project Life 2013 was a recent favorite.  This was a week from November and the December Gossamer Blue Kits had the perfect colors to go along with my Fall photos. I was able to use florals, feathers and lighter, earthier colors without having to use dark browns and oranges.  
Here's the left page of Week 45.  I love some of the white backgrounds, the simplicity of the photos with cookies and the fun pocket.
This is the right page.  The feather card and salmon/orange colors went perfectly with my pumpkins.
For my weekly dated insert I used a Gossamer Blue blank grid journaling card.  Have you seen these basic cards yet?  You get 28 mixed 3 x 4 and 4 x 6 journaling cards with various, graphic designs.  I LOVE these so much.  I keep a nice stash handy to use when I just want a simple background to build upon.  You can find them here, they'll be a staple item in the GB shop.  I also used the fun chipboard letters, a circle tag, sticker numbers, patterned paper and the fun "right here" embellishment.
On this 4 x 6 card I loved using the Pink Paislee Color Wash chipboard alphabet from the December Life Pages Main Add-on Kit.
Here I combined 2 photos on one 4 x 6 sheet.  The little tag is from the Chic Tag packet from the December Life Pages Main Add-on.  I used some thread that was piling up at my sewing machine under the circle.
A favorite photo from this week.  I love this simple photo of some cookies ready to go into the oven.  The stitched on label adds just a little embellishing.
Here I have a fun pocket that I made with the stamp set I designed for the December Life Pages Kit.  (produced by Elle's Studio).  It provides a new way to create pocket inserts for your Life Pages/Project Life.  Later on this month, you'll see a full tutorial on the Gossamer Blue blog with some tips and tricks for creating easy pockets.  The stamps from the December Main Kit also coordinate with the pocket stamp set.
You can see in this photo how you can use any types of embellishments to fancy up the pockets.  I used a Large Manila Parcel Tag to slip my journaling into the pocket.
Here I trimmed a journaling card from the Carta Bella Wildflower sheet of paper.  I stitched on some flowers cut from patterned paper. Really love how this turned out.
Here I added a hand cut corner to my journaling card with gold stitching. 
Just a ton of fun on this week's layout. Thanks for stopping by today.

2 comments:

Sweet Woodruff said...

Love every single thing. How do you get the type print on your little journal cards. Do you insert them in a printer or do you have an old type writer? Really cool. Thanks for all the inspiration.

Annette said...

Just LOVE IT ALL... Very good inspiration. Thansks.

Related Posts with Thumbnails