July 8, 2014

Colorado Road Trip 2014 Mini Album....the supplies

My family + 3 other families are headed to Colorado soon for a fun Summer vacation. I've got the making of a mini album in progress so I thought I'd share my supplies that I have set aside for this project. 
The Gossamer Blue July kits were packed full of products that were simply perfect for the look I was going for.  Our vacation will include lots of ATV trails, road side stops by flowing creeks, white water rafting, picnics and nature hikes.  I wanted lots of florals, nature and fun prints + some road trip embellishments.  Here's what I selected....

First up was this beautiful assortment of patterned papers.  These come from all the various kits + the 6 x 6 Open Road Crate Paper pad from the July Bits & Pieces Kit
 The sticker embellishments were right on track for my mini album.  The chipboard alpha and October Afternoon label sheet is from the July Main Kit.  The Open Road stickers from Crate Paper are in the July Main Add-On Kit.  The Studio Calico phrase sticker sheet is from the July Bits & Pieces Kit and the Pink Paislee Switchboard alpha is from the July Life Pages Add-On 3 Kit.
 I dug through my stash of Gossamer Blue stamps, choosing sets that had travel and foodie images.
 I have lots of little tins packed full of travel, floral and label images.  These are tucked into the various July Gossamer Blue Kits.
 For my mini album, the Studio Calico Handbooks are becoming a favorite.  I'll be using the Chocolate Handbook this time along with different size page protectors. A fun discovery is that the We R Memory Keepers 2 x 2 Photo Sleeves and the 4 x 4 Photo Sleeves fit the rings of the Hand Books. I'll also be trimming some other Project Life page protectors down I'm sure.  I love mini albums to have lots of different size page protectors and things like pockets, etc.
 I really love the Crate Paper Open Road Journaling Cards that are included in the July Gossamer Blue Life Pages Main Add-On Kit.  I'll pair them with other GB journaling cards and ones that I create on my own for some fun title cards.  You can see a peek of some title cards I created in advance.  I love the feel of this album....lots of muted nature colors, some quirky alphabets like what you might see on old hotel signs with the big arrows pointing to the hotels and snippets of road trip and nature themed embellishments.
 Totally fun and I can't wait to add in my vacation photos & journaling.
 I packed up a few vintage storage items with my kit supplies.
 When I return from our road trip I'll have everything waiting for me.  If I have enough space I'm hoping that I can fit our 2013 Colorado trip photos into this album too and just divide the two events with index labels or title pages.
I'll be updating the blog with progress photos of my mini album so stay tuned.  Be sure to shop the Gossamer Blue kits this month if you like the feel of this album.  I'm so pleased with the selections in this month's kits. So, so perfect for my album theme.  Are you headed out for vacation soon?  I'd love to hear your plans for documenting your Summer trips.  

5 comments:

lisa westphal said...

Your stitched letter 3x4 cards are AMAZING!! I can't wait to see how this album turns out. I hope you have a safe, fun, relaxing vacation filled with memories to cherish forever. :)

Unknown said...

I look forward to seeing your vacation album. Safe travels and have fun!

Amber Sheaves said...

I love everything you picked out here. This mini will look fabulous! We just got back from Colorado and it was gorgeous!

Unknown said...

I love it so far! I can't wait to see how it all comes together. I'm so glad to know the small 4" WRMK page protectors work in this album! I love mixing up the different page protectors too, and I'm always disappointed when they don't work between brands. Happy Travels! ~Jen

Jen said...

Our family went to Colorado in mid-June and really loved it. I'm interested to see how you scrap your trip and borrow some ideas!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails